back on the horse

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Due to life happening, I hadn't flown since my PP-ASEL checkride in Novmeber. Got back on the horse today by starting tailwheel training in a carbon cub. Mostly ground work. Fun little plane!

Due to life happening, I hadn't flown since my PP-ASEL checkride in Novmeber. Got back on the horse today by starting tailwheel training in a carbon cub. Mostly ground work. Fun little plane!

Carbon Cubs are a HOOT !!:yesnod:

where's the "green jealous guy" emoticon when you need him? :D Congrats! Now ... PICS!

Here's a photo I took in the hangar.

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 160
Awesome! I am a big proponent of starting something new with flying, especially after a hiatus. And a perfect mount for the task... very curious about what rate you're paying for that little beauty.

IIRC, the carboncub was around $160/hr, but I did the grass landing in a da20. I still need to finish up my tailwheel endorsement. With parenthood looming, though, it may have to wait a bit :)

Nice! The Carbon Cub was my favorite airplane at the Light Sport Expo.

First solo PIC since becoming a dad. Damn, that felt good. (Actually, first solo PIC since before my checkride, over a year ago :eek:)

One of the places I rent at finally got paperless141, which should make it easier for me to give them money...

After a long break, I resumed tailwheel training in a Citabria yesterday. Did more wheel landings than I could count. Fun!

Second lesson down. Impressions thus far:

There's more going on during t/w takeoffs than anticipated.

Landings are not as intimidating as anticipated.

In addition to Stick and Rudder, The Compleat Taildragger Pilot by Plourde is a good read.

Another 1.1 today. Really digging W00.

It was funny to revisit this thread. Six years ago, I couldn't have imagined owning at all. Ownership has had its ups and downs, especially when the plane is down for months at a time and you're pouring money down a hole. Again.

Confidence conquers doubt; it is the only way. You ask unicom for a radio check, and a kid on his first solo takes the time to respond to you. You push in the throttle, and then a machine as old as your parents carries you into the air. The commitment is made and all other concerns are pushed aside. You land and make the midfield turnoff, and you feel a little bit of what that kid on his first solo is feeling, and you're back in the game.

Curious, if you haven't flow for a year since checkride; how long to re-learning controls, ATC, Wx, etc?

First solo PIC since becoming a dad. Damn, that felt good. (Actually, first solo PIC since before my checkride, over a year ago :eek:)

One of the places I rent at finally got paperless141, which should make it easier for me to give them money...

Back