Back in the sadle

Flyboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Kinney
Well afer 3 months of due to having a bran spanking new hip installed I flew Saturday afternoon. The airport was a behive of activity. 3 helicopters practicing, one doing right had traffic and 1 Med helicoptor not talking on the radio, 3 or 4 planes in the pattern- just a normal GA airport day.

Still had some trouble climbing in the Cutlass since my leg won't end some ways it used to as easily - but thats getting better. I only had about an hour of comfort also before that lg had serious "stretch me out" discomfort.

Had a safety pilot friend along and tried some aproaches but the HSI was precessing pretty bad and would even spin in turns so I gave that up and just did straight and level under the hood. Landings were good, floated some on the first but the second and third were very nice.

I had seriously considered hanging up the headset until I got out of the plane. Not having spent the 300 a month or so I normally spend has been good for the budget.

But now? No way.... :cheerio:

Good on you, Ron. There is life after a hip. Lots of it. That Mooney in the pic might be a little tight getting in, though...:-0

That is really great news to hear. Your youth certainly was a plus in your recovery. But I would really love to know how you climb in that plane without breaking your hip precautions? :cheerio:

Carol H

Last Saturday a raid drive died and while fixing it our whole array got fried. (3 drive raid 5) SOoooo I haven't been online.

Anyway, getting around after the hip is remarkably easy. I really can't tell, most of the time, that it's metal. If I turn up my stretching and rehab (ok, and lose some of the weight I gained laying around recovering) I can actually do BETTER since my hip had deteriated so far.

I'm really looking forward to going to an airshow this spring. Before, I had to park in one place and just look at a few exhibits since it hurt so dang much just to walk. This year, I'm gonna look at everything twice. :D

Last edited:
Sux about the hard drive but good to hear about getting back to flying.
Keep us posted.

Sux about the hard drive but good to hear about getting back to flying.
Keep us posted.
Bryan, you are evil!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Necropost.jpg
    Necropost.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
:ohsnap:Bro....Internet fail......

If only there was a way to give an Internet wedgie...

Back