Back in the Bay

vkhosid

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
94V
Good evening all....
After a long hiatus, I decided to log back in here.
A few years ago, after marriage and a kid, life got in the way and I just stopped flying. My family also moved out to the East coast, and a whole new life began.
I happen to be coming back to the bay later this week, and just happened to be able to reserve a 172 from the flight school I originally got my ticket at (KLVK). Although I haven't been in a plane (c172) since 2016, I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to putts around for a little but when I visit (with an instructor)...
I happened to take a look at the latest charts, and boy have things changed since I last looked at them. Last time I was there, if you so chose, you could get out above the bay, and as long as you stay below the bravo, no one cares. Now it looks like the bottoms of the bravos have changed and they've added some sort of vfr transition routes. Truth be told, being out of practice for so long, it seems a bit daunting.
My question is this:
If you were to take off from LVK l, what route would you take to view alcatraz, fly over the GGB, and maybe head down the peninsula a bit to possibly fly next to/over SFO, then back to LVK?

Thanks in advance, all!

Good evening all....
After a long hiatus, I decided to log back in here.
A few years ago, after marriage and a kid, life got in the way and I just stopped flying. My family also moved out to the East coast, and a whole new life began.
I happen to be coming back to the bay later this week, and just happened to be able to reserve a 172 from the flight school I originally got my ticket at (KLVK). Although I haven't been in a plane (c172) since 2016, I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to putts around for a little but when I visit (with an instructor)...
I happened to take a look at the latest charts, and boy have things changed since I last looked at them. Last time I was there, if you so chose, you could get out above the bay, and as long as you stay below the bravo, no one cares. Now it looks like the bottoms of the bravos have changed and they've added some sort of vfr transition routes. Truth be told, being out of practice for so long, it seems a bit daunting.
My question is this:
If you were to take off from LVK l, what route would you take to view alcatraz, fly over the GGB, and maybe head down the peninsula a bit to possibly fly next to/over SFO, then back to LVK?

Thanks in advance, all!
Via VPGGB looks like a good way if you don’t want to talk to Approach.

Back