B-Kool portable cooling test results

Bob Stephens

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Stephens
Here are some actual results from todays testimg using smaller ice blocks
Ice blocks were made using plastic containers that Cascade Dishwasher tablets come in (free).

Oat was over 90 deg

Output temp low 40deg ( important)

Airflow over 28 mph ( important)

DURATION before output temp started to rise over 2 hours.

We do this without gimmicks, just solid engineering

We do NOT count time once the output temp begins to rise even though you get quite a bit of additional cooling

Prices start at $299.00
B-kool.net
928-300-4045

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    913.2 KB · Views: 57
I didnt weigh it, but filled up the unit.

I could have filled the voids withnice chips or crushed ice but didnt..would expect thst to add to the time

Feel free to call me to discuss. 928-300-4045

Bob

What is the differential temperature: OAT temp - cabin temp. Differential temperature is the typical way of measuring cooling/heating systems and insulation combined performance. On cars they also measure time to cool down to an specific differential temp. I would think all the vents in the plane need to be closed for optimum cooling performance.

José

Delta T will vary due to conditions but always a minimum of 35 deg F or higher

In thismtest we were at least 40 deg.

Max cooling vents closed, or use the vents to regulate desired temp.. Ince at cruise altitude, turn off B-Kool, use outside air

How much ice did you use?

Todays test, i used one ice block made using a sterlite 6 quart container

Flew for 40 minutes with b-kool running all the time..landed with about half the ice remaining. Oat was about 90 deg when i departed, 95 when i landed.

Flew at 7500 feet where oat was still in mid 80s.

Solid ice is definately the best solution for ice cold air and longevity.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 35
Cruised to Sedona last weekend and upgraded to the newer B-Kool. All vents closed, taxi out and climb were no sweat events. Shut system down at 6000ft and opened vents. Climbed to 11,500ft, OAT 52F. Descending through 6000ft into Marana (AVQ), closed vents and turned the system on. Landing and taxiing at Marana, OAT = 104F. Stopped to get fuel at self serve pumps, left B-Kool running. After refueling, we happily jumped back into a cool airplane and taxied to the hangar, again no sweat.

I place the unit in the baggage compartment (Archer) as usual. The airflow over the front seat passengers is much improved over the older gen I unit I had. I'm an aircondition junky and this is probably the best experience I've had with a portable cooler in my airplane to date. Now to work on making block ice in the hangar.

Jonathan

This is COOL in more than one way. I think I'll be interested in this. I'm all about being comfortable. Good Stuff !

All, FYI, the owner of the company is very "hands on" and personally met me down at the airport to take a look at an issue I was having.

I would highly recommend the B-kool. You really do get air output in the low 40s, and lots of it.

Back