B-2 coming to Colorado

Since they are based in Whiteman AFB, just east of KC, I get to see one every now and then.

One time, driving on I-70 east, I looked to the south and saw something above the trees. I couldn't quite figure out what it was, since it had an odd silhouette, but I though it MIGHT be a B2. I watched it, also trying to figure out how far away it was. Then it turned what might have been base-to-final and it was WAY closer than I thought. It was really big, once I could see the whole thing. It's an odd looking thing, but pretty cool to see it in the air.

I also remember, in the Fall of 2001 when everything was grounded, hearing a jet overhead. It was so strange to hear any aircraft that I had to see what it was - it was a B2 heading west, probably being re-stationed to Guam just prior to heading to Afghanistan.

Well, Scott, isn't that the whole purpose of being a STEALTH bomber? *poke*. Lol

If you want to see a B1 airshow, we have them here from time to time.
I was driving in the area of a visual mil route a few weeks back and about lost control of the truck: Huge noise; I thought a major component of the vehicle fallen off and was dragging - slammed on the brakes as a B1 crackled past at a few hundred feet, then saw him form up with his buddy! Made me frown, then smile.

I guess its too much to hope for a stray landing on Boulder?

:D

If you want to see a B1 airshow, we have them here from time to time.
I was driving in the area of a visual mil route a few weeks back and about lost control of the truck: Huge noise; I thought a major component of the vehicle fallen off and was dragging - slammed on the brakes as a B1 crackled past at a few hundred feet, then saw him form up with his buddy! Made me frown, then smile.

:), done that more than a few times to lonely trucks on the road, :)
Glad you enjoyed it. It's really a show at night when you go to FULL AB crossing an interstate at night. :hairraise:

(Retired Bone Driver)

Back