AvSafety - WINGS guide published

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
My guide to getting signed on to the FAASafety.gov website and enrolling in the new WINGS program is online. You can find it and other Aviation Safety stuff at http://www.metzair.com/avsafety/index.html.

The guide also will lead you through the process of finding and taking the DC ADIZ course, which will be required to operate under VFR within 60 NM of the DCA VOR. This new rule, 91.161, goes into effect February 9th, 2009.

Thanks Tim...I got my CFI to validate the work I completed a couple of weeks ago for my flight review and finished the Basic Level last week!

Thanks for putting this guide together Tim. As a new PP, this definitely helped getting me registered and setup, and now I know what I need to do for the WINGS program.

Tim

I just finished the Basic Phase. When I go to My Wings, it shows the Basic completed. Looking at the Advanced flight portion, you need to meet commercial PTS. How does this work if you do not have a commercial rating? Do you wait till the Basic expires, then repeat it again?:confused:
Linda

Tim

I just finished the Basic Phase. When I go to My Wings, it shows the Basic completed. Looking at the Advanced flight portion, you need to meet commercial PTS. How does this work if you do not have a commercial rating? Do you wait till the Basic expires, then repeat it again?:confused:
Linda

Nope, just go out and fly, but you get held to commercial standards (tighter for altitude) instead of private. You do NOT need to hold the higher rating. If you do a search on flight activities for the advanced phases, you'll find all sorts of stuff related to instrument or visual work.

Back