Avionics work Florida

Sarasota Avionics in Naples.

You don't say what part of Florida. I think Sarasota Avionics is in Sarasota. Gulf Coast in Lakeland advertises some good prices also.

I've dealt Sarasoata and SEA in Melbourne, I wouldn't hesitate to go to either of them. SEA Gave me factory refurbished B/K parts for less than you can buy used on eBay. Also had a AOG situation and they had the factory drop ship me an obscure part to montana... was at my hangar 18hrs after I picked up the phone.

You don't say what part of Florida. I think Sarasota Avionics is in Sarasota. Gulf Coast in Lakeland advertises some good prices also.

I stand corrected. They do have several facilities. One of them is in Sarasota but the main shop, and where I had my work done, was in Venice, not Naples. (They say your memory is the second thing to go. I forget what the first thing is).

Where you live in Florida might help, but where I lived it didn't. There was no good place nearby. With Sarasota Avionics, We flew there, they flew us home in their 182, and then when the work was done they picked me up in my plane. We flew THEM home while getting an in-flight orientation on the new equipment (530W, FS450 Fuel Totalizer, Digital Altimeter, and a few other toys). Then we flew home and played with the new toys while the orientation was fresh.

Everything went according to the plan. They even repaired one of my old radios, pulled out the old ADF and really cleaned up and painted the panel so that it looked like new. And they did my IFR cert.

All in all, I would use them again without even looking elsewhere. I don't even blame them for the one big shock I had. The day they called me to tell me my plane (with the NEW 530W) was ready, was the day Garmin announced their new touch-screen devices. Since I know how secretive Garmin can be I couldn't really blame them for not knowing (or not telling me) in advance). They would have given me full credit on the 530 but they would have had to charge me to do a re-install if I wanted the newest gadgetry.

Actually the main office is in Sarasota, thus the name. They have a facility in Venice, FL., Lantana, FL., Tampa, FL., and Punta Gorda, FL. There may be others.
I agree with John that they have a good reputation. I would at least get a quote.

Not that it matters much, but . . .

http://sarasotaavionics.com/company/contact
MAILING ADDRESSES

VENICE (VNC) - Headquarters

Venice Municipal Airport
120 Airport Avenue West
Venice, FL 34285

SARASOTA (SRQ)

Sarasota-Bradenton Int'l Airport
8191 North Tamiami Trail, Hangar B-2
Sarasota, FL 34243

Actually the main office is in Sarasota, thus the name. They have a facility in Venice, FL., Lantana, FL., Tampa, FL., and Punta Gorda, FL. There may be others.
I agree with John that they have a good reputation. I would at least get a quote.

John, I think you are correct. There big multi story building is in Sarasota but, now that you pointed it out somebody told me quite a while back that they had moved their headquarters. I stand corrected.

The day they called me to tell me my plane (with the NEW 530W) was ready, was the day Garmin announced their new touch-screen devices. Since I know how secretive Garmin can be I couldn't really blame them for not knowing (or not telling me) in advance). They would have given me full credit on the 530 but they would have had to charge me to do a re-install if I wanted the newest gadgetry.

Same thing happened to me with my 182, I had a 430W installed and before I could pick it up the 650/750 line was announced.:mad2: I don't know that I would have sprung for the difference, but it would have been nice to have been given a choice before the install, but the shop I used didn't know. Heck the speculation on the Internet was Garmin was announcing an upgraded 496, not the 650/750 line. :rolleyes:

Back