Avionics shops / independent tech around KGIF

PacmanJC

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Stephen
Anyone know of a good shop or independent tech for an upgrade on a Piper Arrow around KGIF. Looking to do a JPI EDM 900 install. I got a few quotes from some big shops in the area, a lot of the big shops have a long waiting list though. Thanks

The guy I've been using has seen your request on Phallanx. He can send you a quote if you'd like.

I am at KPGD. Two shops on site. Sarasota Avionics, and APG. Though lately Sarasota because my long time mechanic joined them a few years ago. Have utilized both and both do good jobs. Not sure of wait times but with season winding down it may not be bad. If you want I can contact my rep at Sarasota and see what they can do.

I would recommend APG at KPGD. Good work at a fair price.

Anyone know of a good shop or independent tech for an upgrade on a Piper Arrow around KGIF. Looking to do a JPI EDM 900 install. I got a few quotes from some big shops in the area, a lot of the big shops have a long waiting list though. Thanks
What has been the ballpark number for installs?

What has been the ballpark number for installs?
anywhere from 14 - 18k (hardware and labor) has been the range. Usually quoted 40-60 hours labor. Right now I'm considering going with a G3X with the builtin EIS instead; that's going to be more considering the G3x is about 14k by itself. I would guess maybe about 28-30 including install. I would rather have the G3x, but there is a point of me asking myself how much I want to put into this airplane vs getting into another with newer equipment and better performance

anywhere from 14 - 18k (hardware and labor) has been the range. Usually quoted 40-60 hours labor.
The hours sound right, when I had mine installed about 7 years ago it was $9500, just goes to show how much inflation we’ve had.

Back