aviation themed offices

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
So I have a office at work. Lucky Me!

I do not have anything on my walls. Boring!

So without going overboard I want to hang some aviation related Items on the walls. I'm starting out with a Cockpit Poster of a C172.

If you have an office have you hung anything aviation related on the walls?
Does your work allow this?

Bryan your an IT guy Right. So Am I. :) I want something to stare at while I'm day dreaming about flying at work. ;) A C172 poster is a good start.

Anyway I would like this thread to be strictly Aviation themed offices. Not rooms in homes.

Thank you

I had in one office a complete VFR wall chart (alas no longer produced) on one whole wall.
When I moved to the other (larger) office, I put three panels of JNC covering the US on one whole wall.

Bryan your an IT guy Right. So Am I. :) I want something to stare at while I'm day dreaming about flying at work. ;) A C172 poster is a good start.

Anyway I would like this thread to be strictly Aviation themed offices. Not rooms in homes.

Thank you

Yup. I am an IT guy.

At my office, I have large photos of flights I have taken.
About once a month, I fly with someone from my office. I get a pic of them flying and I hang it up.

Always had the latest poster from sun n fun on the door,or wall. Also airplane clock on the desk. For a tie tax a set of wings.

A couple of framed expensive Aircraft Spruce invoices and an old instrument or so will give it an appropriate aviation theme.

Step one is completed. I hung a C172 Cockpit poster on the wall. Lets see how long it takes for someone to take notice.

Attachments

• aero.JPG
    aero.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 28

Thank you

Where is the thread for aviation themed rooms in homes? I am moving into my first apartment in August, and I want my living room to be aviation themed. I need ideas of things to get, and where to get them from.

So without going overboard I want to hang some aviation related Items on the walls. I'm starting out with a Cockpit Poster of a C172.

Make sure you frame your poster otherwise it is going to look a bit tacky ;). Take it from a SoCal movie theatre owner here.

Where is the thread for aviation themed rooms in homes? I am moving into my first apartment in August, and I want my living room to be aviation themed. I need ideas of things to get, and where to get them from.

I started this thread but no one really posted anything:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64992&highlight=man+cave

I get a lot of stuff from Ebay and The Wright Bros (Sporty's) website. Some of it's just pictures I've taken and junk I've collected over the years. You can get high end furniture from MotoArt but I heard they're pretty pricey.

I have a framed painting and every year on my anniversary there I get a new tailwinds plane. I am starting to get a nice squadron at the base of my monitors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Build a bar top, er, a FBO flight desk. Feature a glass front to show off expired sectional charts and AF/Ds. Wall lighting with port/stbd colored lenses on either side of counter.

Dedicate one wall to pin sectional charts. Don't forget weighted string with base airport at the center.

Years ago I began to collect full color posters and hand flyers for airshows. Put posters into doubled sided picture frame and hang from ceiling.

Build some model airplanes and hang from ceiling in unusual attitudes. hang same from ceiling. (this is Model Airplanes 101 for boys)

Find unairworthy prop for wall hanging.

Aviation themed lamps or other desk clutter.

Cut out pictures from old aviation magazines and frame the pictures.

Go to aviation websites and print good quality copies for framing.

I've an aviation comm radio (no .25 spacing) which I'll send to you. You pay S&H if interested. It works, it just needs to be wired to antenna and power source.

I also have unairworthy - but cosmetically in great shape - prop spinner with backing plate from PA-28. Again, you pay S&H and it's yours.

Personalize your display. Take a nice picture of you standing outside of airplane, or obviously in the cockpit...zoom out for effect, close ups don't capture the scene. Print that pic in sepia and with old style white borders. either in frame or just push pin to wall. Same thing for maybe enlarging and printing a page from your flight log book. Enlarge 200-400%. Simple B&W will do. Frame that for desk top.

Last edited:
I don't the company would allow that. I have to keep it toned down. :dunno:

Well, I worked for a company that had "GEOSPATIAL" in it's name. I suppose I could probably have gotten by with pictures of Cessna or Bell panels on the walls as well....we were owned by the same parent company.

The "best" aviation office I've seen in a while is my friend Ed Castonguay (one of my neighbors at the airpark). He bought Curtis Pitts whole hangar and essentially recreated it on his lot. He took pictures of Curtis's old office and put it back together as it was. There are all sorts of autographed pictures of things like Betty Skelton standing in front of the Little Stinker, etc...

Hubby suspended a blow-up beach ball with the earth printed on it. Before long, various office workers had suspended various aircraft to circle the globe in his office. They changed out the vehicles from time to time.

NOAA has a nice poster of cloud forms that is quite nice. You could also post the local sectional on your wall with some sort of "You are Here" sticker. Or a WAC with your trips shown in highlighter.

Many, many, years ago I had a world map hanging in my office that I had bought in Moscow. Of course, my office was in a SCIF for one of those beyond-top-secret projects. There was even an arrow made out of a post it note with the words "YOU ARE HERE, COMRADE" pointing at Denver. Turns out that it was useful, as we had no other maps around and people ended up in there looking for things. I finally had to tape up the transliteration between Roman and Cyrillic letters.

It was there for about nine months before the security officer noticed it.

SECURITY: Where did you get this map?
ME: Moscow.
SECURITY: Seriously, where did you get it?
ME: I bought it in the House of Books in Moscow.
SECURITY: You turkey.
ME: Do you want me to take it down?
SECURITY: No, but if I call you and tell you it needs to come down fast, do so.

I don't know what the big issue was. The "customer" reps had seen it on any number of occasions.

Nope, as I said, they stopped producing it many years ago. The IFR/VFR WALL PLANNING CHART is a large two sheet thing. It's done in two sheets so you can hang it on the wall as:

VFR (west) - VFR (east)
IFR (west) - IFR (east)
VFR (west) - IFR (west)
IFR (east) - VFR (east)

It's about twice the size (assembled) of the one Sporty's is selling.

Back