Aviation Photography

Mafoo

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mafoo
So I was going to post this in the hangout section, as I make no money off these, and don't have any interest in anyone buying them. I just figured I would post a link to this site, as I have purchased from this guy in the past, and he has some incredible stuff. I figured it looked a little to much like solicitation, so I am posting it here instead.

http://crosswindimages.com/

My other hobby is photography, so I know him from those circles.

Last edited:
I love the a-10 with the gun smoke around it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jay didn't really want to sell me this one, because it was not as crisp as he would like, but he did anyway :)

p877080154.jpg

While there are better photos on his site from a technical perspective, I love the composition.

So this is a capture from the bottom of the aircraft, however you can see the pilot. Very cool. Also, if you look down the fuselage, you see the runway, with the shadows of the aircraft.

If you look at the nose, you can see the aircraft in formation in the reflections.

I love everything that's going on in this photo, and that's why I bought it. To remind me that not everything is about how crisp you can get a photo, but that the content is so much more important.

He does good work. I do a lot of aviation photography but I've never been able to justify spending what these guys spend on equipment. I've got about a $1,500 setup and that's about all I'm willing to spend. You can see the difference though in professional equipment compared to amateur stuff.

He does good work. I do a lot of aviation photography but I've never been able to justify spending what these guys spend on equipment. I've got about a $1,500 setup and that's about all I'm willing to spend. You can see the difference though in professional equipment compared to amateur stuff.

yea, I will say he could not do what he does without the equipment, but a lof of what he does takes talent as well.

Panning a heavy lens around a monopod/tripod, with that much zoom, takes a lot of skill.

There is also a lot of skill in the post processing. I am sure he spends a lot of time in Lightroom.

Jay didn't really want to sell me this one, because it was not as crisp as he would like, but he did anyway :)

p877080154.jpg

While there are better photos on his site from a technical perspective, I love the composition.

So this is a capture from the bottom of the aircraft, however you can see the pilot. Very cool. Also, if you look down the fuselage, you see the runway, with the shadows of the aircraft.

If you look at the nose, you can see the aircraft in formation in the reflections.

I love everything that's going on in this photo, and that's why I bought it. To remind me that not everything is about how crisp you can get a photo, but that the content is so much more important.

Darn breast cup intakes... the 18 looks so much better with square intakes IMHO.

Here's some of my work. I shot these at Oshkosh 2012 using a Canon 50D + Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM for telephoto work and a Canon 5D + 16-35 f/2.8L IS USM for wide angle.

_MG_9520_001.jpg

_MG_9821.jpg

_MG_9516.jpg

_MG_9666.jpg

_MG_9780.jpg

_MG_9770.jpg

_MG_9765_002.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

I own about $20 AMU's worth of camera and lighting equipment in total. It's a side business and a hobby that I enjoy. The equipment was a big investment but it's all paid off.

This was shot with a Canon 50D + Canon EF 70-200 f/4 IS USM:
IMG_2665-001.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

Back