Aviation pet names?

Mike Smith

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fresh Prince of PrattVegas
So it looks like we are adopting a rescue cat. Curious if folks have aviation related names for their pets? What are they?

One of my neighbors has a dog they call Piper. Unfortunately she had an incident with a deer a few months ago. The deer whacked her leg so hard it was shattered and had to be amputated. Some of us at the airpark are now calling her Tri-Pacer.

Baron is the name of a cat where I rent occasionally. Other names that come to mind:

Jet
Turbo
Chief
Aeronaut
Embry
Boeing
Bernoulli
Pax
Pria
Iata
Orville
Wilbur
Wright
Hawk
Amelia
Charles
http://nameberry.com/babyname/Charles

^^ These are shamelessly stolen from other websites

Piper is popular, seems fitting for a cat or small dog.

Aileron?

Piper is popular, seems fitting for a cat or small dog.

Aileron?

Aileron was the name of Art Scholl's dog.

My wife and I got a pair of black masked lovebirds as a wedding present, and since they seem rather short coupled (but incredibly agile flyers) I named them Grumman and Northrup. Northrup turned out to be a girl.

Last edited:
A two syllable name is more recognizable by the animal.

Prop wash
Flight line
Low lead
Chemtrail
Smoke on

Post a photo. May help name it. Piper is so.....uhhhg.....common.

Crater is good; trips off the tongue better than smoking hole. . .

Is this cat to be a pet, or is it for later consumption? I don't usually name my food, but that's cool, if it works for you. . .

If it's chow-to-be, post the recipe?

With the personality, or lack thereof, of many cats, perhaps a name like fed, or fsdo ;)

My puppy's name is PAX

1476027_10204512677531407_5906680704231032409_n.jpg

A couple of local airports had cats named "FSDO" and "Taildragger."

My friend had a dog named Jeppesen. The thing was that the dog was petrified of flying. They ended up just calling it the chickenhound.

Chandelle?

A co-worker named his daughter that. We said it was better than Lazy-8s.

Homeothermic quadrupedal pets in the Steinholme are named for Start Trek. If I ever get a bird I have already decided its name will be Lockheed.

If I ever get a dog, his name is going to be "Baskerville." (apologies to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Jack Benny)

The last airport kitty I saw was named "FOD."

One of the mechanics at PAO had one named "FSDO."

A brand new Siamese kitten showed up at Reid in the last week, and the fuel guys fed her. Very friendly. We'll see what they name her.

Unrelated to aviation but my sister used to work for a vet and the county brought in a stray that had been hit by a car. They ended up patching him up and keeping him as the vet house cat.

They named him APR...which stood for Almost Road Pizza

Nice! What about..CowlPlug? Or "Chock(s)"?

She sat on the ramp yesterday and watched a student screw up an engine start. Crank crank crank crank crank BANG crank crank BANG [pause] crank crank crank BANG crank crank VRRROOOMMMM followed by a cloud of black smoke. And she didn't flinch. So, maybe a better name is Quasimodo.

A friend of mine thought cats with names ending in ie responded better when called. OTOH, I have NEVER seen a cat come when called except when accompanied by the sound of an opening food can.

A friend of mine thought cats with names ending in ie responded better when called. OTOH, I have NEVER seen a cat come when called except when accompanied by the sound of an opening food can.

My cat comes when called..but only if it suits her agenda. Her name is Grace, but to your point we do call her Gracie when we want her to come around and she does perk up a bit more with that.

She sat on the ramp yesterday and watched a student screw up an engine start. Crank crank crank crank crank BANG crank crank BANG [pause] crank crank crank BANG crank crank VRRROOOMMMM followed by a cloud of black smoke. And she didn't flinch. So, maybe a better name is Quasimodo.

Wait a minute..engine starts aren't always supposed to be done that way???!? Man I've been doing it wrong for a while now then.

My cat comes when called..but only if it suits her agenda. Her name is Grace, but to your point we do call her Gracie when we want her to come around and she does perk up a bit more with that.

You just gotta find her a companion named "George." Don't let him smoke cigars, though.

All of my dogs were rescue of one kind or another. They had a name that worked okay: Lucky (now 2 years gone), Rose (Tennessee collie from rescue angels), and Kobi (Bryant now Kobayashi Maru). Not being into basketball but star trek, I recycled the name by changing the meaning. It didn't seem to bother him much. He came to me as a 5 year old from a friend who couldn't keep him.

OnGuard
Ident/Flash
Get a pair and name them Overhead & Break
Henning
AMU (a-moo)
Slip
Stu (short for Stewardess, what they called FA's before people couldnt have 'demeaning' job titles a la secretary, etc)
Squawk
Kitty Hawk
Whirlwind
Cyclone
Skyhawk

A couple of local airports had cats named "FSDO" and "Taildragger."

My friend had a dog named Jeppesen. The thing was that the dog was petrified of flying. They ended up just calling it the chickenhound.

I'll bet Fizdoe is always getting into **** he shouldn't be and ****es all over the carpet in the office. Am I right, or am i right?

Back