Aviation Love

Notes of a true pilot:
Always requesting the window seat
Always looking up at passing airplanes
Naming every plane in the pattern
Bringing a scanner on road trips
Still throw paper gliders
Always smiling in your heart when someone tells an airplane story

:D It's surprising to me how true these notes are! That's a great list!

On the overnight last night at work I found this cheap little flying toy that I could NOT quit playing with. I even had to take it outside so I could get it higher. I kind of felt like an idiot, but nobody else was around, so it's ok. I loved making it fly. I had to ban myself from it tonight so I would get my work done.

Aero-Prop

I wish I had a scanner.

:D It's surprising to me how true these notes are! That's a great list!

On the overnight last night at work I found this cheap little flying toy that I could NOT quit playing with. I even had to take it outside so I could get it higher. I kind of felt like an idiot, but nobody else was around, so it's ok. I loved making it fly. I had to ban myself from it tonight so I would get my work done.

Aero-Prop

I wish I had a scanner.

Man, I used to play with those things all the time. They are simple...yet so fun. :)

I know that feeling. No one in my family flies. No one has ever really had an interest in it. It's weird being the first in your family.quote]

It sure is. I remember the first time I went flying. It was night time and I looked at the nav light the whole way from New york to California. My mom thought I either had a disorder or would fly some day. I could go into other things I did but I wont on this furum. My girlfriend's 6 year old nephew is apparently obsessed with aviation so I'm not alone anymore.

Last edited:
Funny enough, I think I can make one of the neatest little paper airplanes that looks like a fighter jet. I've actualy gotten some compliments too! Heck I'll come out and say I have no problems still throwing gliders, even the big 3ft ones. I even have an R/C plane at home. Just dont do like Jesse did and fly it so high you have to run a block to get it! LOL I Personaly think it'd be neat to put a camera on it that would radio back to your TV. I sure hope I never grow up and quit appreciating the simple magic of flight...even in those little toys.

That Stearman is still registered (as of 06) to a guy in ELYSIAN MN.

Nice work. Reminds me I still have to get my dads 2 minute 8mm color film of his P-38 squadron digitized. Priceless stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

MM

Interesting. I'm going to try to get a hold of that guy. After my grandpa died in 1998 due to the lack of a will the family forced my dad to sell that stearman (the last one). Right after he sold it (still in our hangar) straight line winds ripped the hangar apart and sent it flipping. It was pretty well destroyed. A sad day for both sides of the deal.

At the peak we had two stearmans and a callair.

Interesting. I'm going to try to get a hold of that guy.

Will be interesting to learn it's disposition. Since it's got a recent registration it's probably rebuilt.

Would be cool for you to get it back someday.

Wish I could get my hands on my dads P-38!

MM

That was GREAT. I loved the music, but when I went to Amazon to buy it, it was not available. Where can I get the CD??? :dunno:

Thanks
Linda

Notes of a true pilot:
Always requesting the window seat
Always looking up at passing airplanes
Naming every plane in the pattern
Bringing a scanner on road trips
Still throw paper gliders

Call them paper gliders instead of paper airplanes like the rest of the world, 'cuz you know an airplane has an engine but a glider doesn't. ;)

Accelerate to "rotation speed" before merging onto a freeway
Constantly notice things in the sky
Can sit and watch birds soaring for hours
Seem to have a hearing problem when someone is calling you, but can hear that King Air that just passed overhead at 20,000 feet before you can see it. :D

This is a really nice way to break into a monday morning. Great job on the video.

P

Call them paper gliders instead of paper airplanes like the rest of the world, 'cuz you know an airplane has an engine but a glider doesn't. ;)

Seem to have a hearing problem when someone is calling you, but can hear that King Air that just passed overhead at 20,000 feet before you can see it. :D

You see a blinking light in the sky at night, but become disheartened when you realize it's a cell tower in the distance.
You slow down on I-85 in Charlotte not because of cops, but because the approach path for CLT crosses directly over the interstate.
You see a GA aircraft fly overhead at a low altitude and try to follow it to the field, making you late for whatever appointment you had (but you don't care).

Yep, I'm guilty of all three.

Hahaha! I like the last one Kent. It deffinitly describes me!

ive been known to detour onto gravel roads to watch dusters work.

ive been known to detour onto gravel roads to watch dusters work.

My wife is amazed that I still drop whatever I'm doing to search the sky when I hear a plane overhead. I just can't help myself. :D

I have done the slow down so I can be right under a 7_7 on approach, and do find myself looking up whenever I hear a buzz or whoosh. But can't say I've ever tried following a plane.

Damn keyboard is all wet now...

You know, your old man is up there somewhere, looking down on you now, proud as all get out of you, Jesse.

Jim G

Another sign you are a pilot, go parking by the airport with your SO so that you can smooch and watch planes.

Yes I have done that.
You've gone there with my SO???? LESLIE, WHAT AREN'T YOU TELLING ME????!!!!1:rofl:

I finally get to a high-speed connection. Absolutely love it, Jesse! (Great moves, Tristan!).

All the best,

Jim

Back