Steve

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
Yielding to extreme lobbying and whining by the D. from T. with a DVM from the DMV I have relented and restored the IAR to avatar status.

To make this a more auspicious event an avatar trivia contest accompanies the return of the IAR . The contest is a simple one.

1. Name the occasion on which this avatar photo was taken, including location.

2. Name the person flying the aircraft in the avatar photo at the time the photo was taken.

3. Name the photographer.

4. Name the pilot of the photo plane.

The winner will be selected from submissions posted in this thread.

For fairness, none of the named individuals in 2, 3, or 4 are eligible and are asked not to publicly reveal the answers. Anything they may want to do for compensation off line is up to them. :D Some contest of equal inaneness will be offered for them in the future.

The prizes:

The first person that can correctly answer 2 out of 4 gets a free seat on the Gaston's dinner bus.

The first person who can correctly answer all 4 gets a free seat on the Gaston's dinner bus and a free dinner at the restaurant.

The winner will be announced on the bus ride to the restaurant Saturday night.

Must be present to win.

All rules related to this contest will be arbitrarily enforced.

Last edited:
Does the runner up win a chance to see all of the rebuild photos??? :D

I think it would be more fun if we could enter our favorite photos that WE took of the IAR for your contest. :D And then we could post our rules (like only flattering photos). :D

I have a few new ones, want to see them?

[ the price of having some of Mary's omelets...lol]

That's a small price to pay :smile: Is the couch still available?

Hey, that would be a great way to build up my collection.

I'm thinking $5 a photo (in cash) would be appropriate to allow it my consideration.

:rofl:

I think it would be more fun if we could enter our favorite photos that WE took of the IAR for your contest. :D And then we could post our rules (like only flattering photos). :D

I doubt Steve even knows the answers...

2. Name the person flying the aircraft in the avatar photo at the time the photo was taken.

fly in in Ames a few years back

im guessing mary was flying the IAR

Jesse took the Picture

Kent was flying the 182

I'm still pretty damn sure I didn't take the picture. I think Jason did. I'm an old man with bad memory these days though.

I'm still pretty damn sure I didn't take the picture. I think Jason did. I'm an old man with bad memory these days though.

could be. in fact i seem to remember some photos of your rented 172 that came out of that fly in so perhaps it was Jason in the 182 with Kent.

could be. in fact i seem to remember some photos of your rented 172 that came out of that fly in so perhaps it was Jason in the 182 with Kent.
I don't think I had a rented 172. I think Jason and I flew a Cherokee out from Lincoln. I'm pretty sure I was up flying the Cherokee around with someone when that went down.

steve said:
Ames Iowa Fly-in 2007

steve said:
Kate
steve said:
Jason

steve said:
Kent

steve said:
For fairness, none of the named individuals in 2, 3, or 4 are eligible and are asked not to publicly reveal the answers.
Technically I was not involved.

Wild guesses based on POA search engine.

Gastons IV, 2007... Location: airborne. :rofl:

Kaye

Sheri Marlin

Nick

Back