aux in and Bluetooth headsets

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
Do the headsets with the audio inputs or Bluetooth pause whatever you are listening to when someone speaks over the radio?

Do the headsets with the audio inputs or Bluetooth pause whatever you are listening to when someone speaks over the radio?

Haven't done it with Aux but bluetooth does. I would presume Aux would too. There is a way around it as well.

Yes they do. The Comms are given priority over BT and will automatically mute whatever audio is being played.

Some headsets allow you to select what happens when the intercom is opened (someone talks either in the plane or on the radio). You can either mute the music, or let it all mix together.

Thanks for the replies.
I'm thinking about rewarding myself when I finally get my license with a nice headset.

The Zulu 2 and I believe the Bose mute aux or Bluetooth 80% when someone talks or comm 1 take priority. Works well.

Yes, my Zulu 2's mute. It makes it really hard to do karaoke while flying ;)

Thanks for the replies.
I'm thinking about rewarding myself when I finally get my license with a nice headset.
You'll love it! Where are you in training?

Clarity Aloft 1/8" audio input does not mute. It's purely passive. Not sure about the Bluetooth version but assume it actively mutes Bluetooth audio when any signal comes in from the intercom (whether intercom or radio-no way for the headset to differentiate between those). An audio panel with its own Bluetooth or auxiliary input likely mutes or has configurable muting. The latter is my preference but you fly the gear you have, so I just pause my audiobook when I'm supposed to be listening to ATC.

Back