Automatic Door fail

Sorry, but that looks staged to me. Unless that door was defective, he didn't hit it hard enough for it to shatter like that.

Sorry, but that looks staged to me. Unless that door was defective, he didn't hit it hard enough for it to shatter like that.

Tempered glass only takes a sharp tap to shatter.

I'd say it's real but more likely the glass was so clean the door looked open to him. It would be a lawsuit in the US.

So clean it looked open? What is this, a windex commercial?

Yeah, I don't get it. He obviously got IN the building. Why would he put his head down and run at it like a crazed bull?

Maybe he's one of those people that is so intellegent that simple things are confusing. He better be carefull if he goes to a place such as Target where you have an option to etiher open the door or go through the automatic one! Oh the horror!

Maybe he's one of those people that is so intellegent that simple things are confusing. He better be carefull if he goes to a place such as Target where you have an option to etiher open the door or go through the automatic one! Oh the horror!

Where I work, a certain unnamed federal Department Has Space in our building. I routinely see some of their employees pushing the button to open the automatic door instead of simply pushing it open. These are not people with an apparent handicap, nor are they people who have any difficulty walking or carrying a briefcase. There are also quite a few the seem to overlook the fact that there is a staircase between floors... the elevators get a workout going from floor 5 to floor 6 and so forth.

Tempered glass only takes a sharp tap to shatter.

I'd say it's real but more likely the glass was so clean the door looked open to him. It would be a lawsuit in the US.
No, it has just begun to open when he decides to rush it for some weird reason.

He clearly doesn't quite get how these doors work... looks to me like knows they should open, but winds up standing there for a while, perplexed that they are not opening (he's probably just out of range of the sensor). Once it opens he seems to think it is some sort of trick, the door is taunting him, and maybe he can zip thru the gap before it closes again. :D

He must have come in behind someone else, and either this is his very first automatic door... or he's a complete moron. :D

Where I work, a certain unnamed federal Department Has Space in our building. I routinely see some of their employees pushing the button to open the automatic door instead of simply pushing it open. These are not people with an apparent handicap, nor are they people who have any difficulty walking or carrying a briefcase. There are also quite a few the seem to overlook the fact that there is a staircase between floors... the elevators get a workout going from floor 5 to floor 6 and so forth.

I do that all the time at Ma's nursing home. The sign there tells you to. They're sliding doors.

office building I'm in has badge access on the doors - one on each wing of the elevator bays. Each door has a "push to exit" button on the inside(not auto openers, but unlock) ... except one door has a motion sensor on the interior to unlock, and the other doesn't. I'm continually running into the "no motion sensor" door, and my buddy is continually pushing the button unnecessarily on the motion sensored door. stupid doors.

office building I'm in has badge access on the doors - one on each wing of the elevator bays. Each door has a "push to exit" button on the inside(not auto openers, but unlock) ... except one door has a motion sensor on the interior to unlock, and the other doesn't. I'm continually running into the "no motion sensor" door, and my buddy is continually pushing the button unnecessarily on the motion sensored door. stupid doors.

It's called consitency of user interface design - something that Jesse knows even if he didn't finish college.

You should see some of the apps we have that have an active team of 7-10 developers still suppsorting...

[One screen has Add. To delete you go back up to the parent and choose another button.]

Back