ATTN: Skip Miller/Bill Suffa N/A

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I know Skip can relate to the images; perhaps Bill Suffa, too.

How long has it been since y'all've been to Orr's Island/Bailey Island?
I took the photos on October 22, WX in the 70s.

There's a whole bunch. If you're interested let me know and I'll e-mail them to you. And for those who don't know, the Cribstone Bridge is unique in the world.

HR (Oh, my seefood diet was well-supplemented)

Indra, the blue Block Island 41 yacht in the background belongs to one of my (former) long time camera customers. The boat was designed by the same man who designed the famous Hinckley Bermuda 40.

Attachments

• Cook's_1.jpg
    Cook's_1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Cook's_2.jpg
    Cook's_2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 11
  • Cook's_3.jpg
    Cook's_3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Cook's_4.jpg
    Cook's_4.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks, Harley. I am going to send these photos off to my parents who used to live in South Harpswell. I am sure they will enjoy them... as did I!

-Skip

Thanks, Harley.

Now that I'm back on the east coast, I'll have to make the time to come down east. So many places to go, so little time.

South Harpswell, Skip references? You, they, and I know that if one pigs out at Cook's, and then goes out to view the Cribstone Bridge(photo #1); simply turning around and looking in the opposite direction - - - - - - - Voila! South Harpswell, just across the bay.

HR

Attachments

• Cook's_5.jpg
    Cook's_5.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Cook's_6.jpg
    Cook's_6.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Harley, my parents thank you for the memories. They think (not being sure - it is the age thing. *sigh*) that both Bob and Janet W. have passed on, and that the daughters have sold Indra to persons unknown. What nice people they were!

-Skip

Last edited:
Harley, my parents thank you for the memories. They think (not being sure - it is the age thing. *sigh*) that both Bob and Janet W. have passed on, and that the daughters have sold Indra to persons unknown. What nice people they were!

-Skip

Indra has been sold? I saw Diane Winchell just a couple months ago, at Cook's, and she had just returned from a lengthy cruise aboard Indra. And shortly after I started this thread I e-mailed her the photo which is in the top of the thread.
Bob and Janet were "apart" for about a year before they were reunited in Eternity.

Many years ago we(S.O. and I) sailed into Tenants Harbor on the way back from Bar Harbor. I tied to a mooring not far off the dock. Not far away was a spectacular blue yacht which, over time, was swinging with the tide. Its master came above, commented that he was concerned that the sterns might touch, "So I'll take care of that." Below, he went; and as he reappeared I asked the draft of his beauty. "Thirteen feet, now, but she won't move, the center board being pretty close to the bottom." Up in my Marine Room is a memory of that occasion, as seen in the photo 2 at upper left. The Winchell family are tops. Incidentally, Bob and Janet's Honda Accord sported the Maine License plate Indra II.

HR
Photo 1 is a painting of my back-then Luders sloop which paled in comparison to Indra.

Attachments

• Marine Room1.jpg
    Marine Room1.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Marine Room2.jpg
    Marine Room2.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back