Attaboy, neighbors!

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Co-worker just got a call from the police, asking him if he owns a Kawasaki GPZ 1000 motorcycle... turns out his neighbor saw some punks roll it off his driveway and load it up on a trailer this morning after he left for work. Cops caught them and recovered the bike a mile from his house.

Way to go, neighborhood watch!

I will never understand the mentality that crooks have. I mean seriously... do these people just not have a conscience at all? Ugh.

I will never understand the mentality that crooks have. I mean seriously... do these people just not have a conscience at all? Ugh.
They don't

A friend had his Weber grill stolen out of is back yard. The neighbors saw it stolen, but unlike Greg's friend, they just assumed that the people taking it had bought or were borrowing it.

Thieves should all die.
Or end up like this guy

fail-owned-burglar-fail.jpg

Some people have no useful place in society, and should be dealt with appropriately to forcibly and permanently remove them from society.

Good deal on the neighborhood watch. I know if something of mine got stolen my neighbors would help them load it up, and probably make suggestions for other things of mine to steal.

Just last week we had two guys pull into a boat dealership around 6PM and hook up to a New 24' Yamaha jet boat and drive off with it. An off duty deputy was setting just across the street and watched them do it. He said they acted like it was theirs and he didn't think anything of it.

Small west Tx town, no crime to speak of. Few years ago. Holiday weekend, lots of out of towners. Three 18-20yo kids from San Antone decide they like the bicycle on a porch, well in the back streets of town. Septagenarian owner/retired rancher confronts them - scuffle ensues. Rancher gets licks in on two of them, they run off. While beating the third to a pulp, ranchers daughter drives up, pulls gun from purse and holds jerk til sheriff shows up. All three go down :)
Skinny punks with attitude from city - 0 Wiry cowboy from country - 3!

When neighbors care, crime will be significantly reduced.

when "get a rope" replaces "call 911" then crime will be reduced :)

Co-worker just got a call from the police, asking him if he owns a Kawasaki GPZ 1000 motorcycle... turns out his neighbor saw some punks roll it off his driveway and load it up on a trailer this morning after he left for work. Cops caught them and recovered the bike a mile from his house. Way to go, neighborhood watch!

:mad3: Shame they didn't ride it out and get nailed by a truck at the first intersection.......well it would have sucked for the bike. People building up the bad mojo stealing stuff......

Yup, people like that could vanish.....who would care.

My brother had three dirt bikes (two Honda's and a 'KM'??) stolen from inside his garage one night while he was in the house. The burglars broke the window in the garage back door and wheeled them out, down the street and into a waiting truck.

Two days later one of the bikes turned up when the police arrested a kid riding one of Honda's on the street. It had been painted flat black. He says he "found it in a field".

Four days after that he gets another call by the police in the middle of the night that they have the other two bikes but they're damaged. Seems the two idiots were racing and had a head on collision at high speed. Police were called when the two thieves had to be medivaced to a hospital where one is still in a coma.

Turns out they were window washers who had been washing a neighbor's windows the day before when my brother was hosing down the bikes in the driveway.

Four days after that he gets another call by the police in the middle of the night that they have the other two bikes but they're damaged. Seems the two idiots were racing and had a head on collision at high speed. Police were called when the two thieves had to be medivaced to a hospital where one is still in a coma.

Med-evac? Seriously?

How about calling the Ox Cart instead for these cases? And make sure the oxen are old -- or dead.

At least once a month locally there is the "Tragedy" story of the "youth with a bright future" who "thinks:" "Hey! I've never been on this dark and twisty road -- let me see how fast this thing will go!!"

Inevitably the vehicle is launched into some immovable object, thirteen different EMS and Fire Companies are called out, the helo is called in, and the crew does a risky landing into a fairly tight LZ.

I dunno. Maybe in these cases there should be a bit less hurry and risk assumed on the part of the rescuers.

I remember being called out to do S&R for OCS Candidates lost on night Land Nav courses. Our unspoken motto was, "This kid should hope he dies of exposure before we get to him..."

Small west Tx town, no crime to speak of. Few years ago. Holiday weekend, lots of out of towners. Three 18-20yo kids from San Antone decide they like the bicycle on a porch, well in the back streets of town. Septagenarian owner/retired rancher confronts them - scuffle ensues. Rancher gets licks in on two of them, they run off. While beating the third to a pulp, ranchers daughter drives up, pulls gun from purse and holds jerk til sheriff shows up. All three go down :)
Skinny punks with attitude from city - 0 Wiry cowboy from country - 3!

Gotta love Texas!

Like the good ol' boy in Texas that called 911 and told them he was going to shoot the burglars at the neighbors with his shotgun and then let them hear him do it?

ah ... no, not so much ... however, this scenario would be a crime deterrent, in my opinion

"Like a good ol' boy (or gal) in (any state in our great union) that called 911 and told them he (/she) was going to shoot the burglars (who broke into his/her house, he/she feared for his/her life, cops were 20 minutes away) and then let them hear him do it?"

Yup, people like that could vanish.....who would care.

Their dealers? That's probably about it.

My dad mistakenly left the garage door open one night during his one hour long dinner break. When he walked outside to go back to work, the two guys were just finishing loading our incredibly old lawn mower that hadn't run in years into the back of their El Camino. Joke was on them, I guess...we were going to throw it out before too much longer.

Back