Atlantic Crossing on a Single Engine Airplane

Mike India

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mike India
Good Day fellow pilots and aviation enthusiasts.

After 30 years I made my dream to cross the Atlantic on a Single Engine Airplane, True.

If you like to read the Trip story and see the photos, I have published it on Hub Pages in four parts. Go to the link :

http://hubpages.com/hub/Atlantic-Crossing-on-a-Single-Engine-Airplane

and enjoy reading.

Enjoy flying too.

Manos Ioannidis
Mike India.

Private Pilot and Aviation Enthusiast. Home base Athens Greece. PPL. ME IR. Extensive flying over Europe and Atlantic Crossing on a SE Airplane. I like to share flying experience in different parts of the world.
Age 54, male, Nationality Greek. Airplanes Owned: Cessna 310, Piper Navajo 425P

Good Day fellow pilots and aviation enthusiasts.

After 30 years I made my dream to cross the Atlantic on a Single Engine Airplane, True.

If you like to read the Trip story and see the photos, I have published it on Hub Pages in four parts. Go to the link :

http://hubpages.com/hub/Atlantic-Crossing-on-a-Single-Engine-Airplane

and enjoy reading.

Enjoy flying too.

Manos Ioannidis
Mike India.

Private Pilot and Aviation Enthusiast. Home base Athens Greece. PPL. ME IR. Extensive flying over Europe and Atlantic Crossing on a SE Airplane. I like to share flying experience in different parts of the world.
Age 54, male, Nationality Greek. Airplanes Owned: Cessna 310, Piper Navajo 425P

Excellent writeup! I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll do it myself someday!

Mike I have yet to read your write up but just wanted to welcome you to POA!

Great trip. I'd have to shut one engine down to cross on one; so, my crossing would have to be on two engines <g>

Best,

Dave

From Manos' story said:
Then, on our way out from the FBO we meet the pilot of the Bonanza. Michel from Belgium who is on a ferry flight from Texas to Hungary, to deliver this old Bonanza (parked next to us on the ramp) to her new owners. He was flying directly from Goose Bay Canada to Iceland, taking advantage of the favorable tail winds, when one of the six cylinders failed when he was flying abeam Greenland. He continued to Iceland on five cylinders and now he was waiting for the spare part to be delivered in order to continue his flight to Hungary. What an adventure!

Wow. If I lose a cylinder enroute, and I'm abeam Greenland when it happens, I sure as heck wouldn't be pushing onward to Iceland.

Manos, GREAT write up!:thumbsup:

I really enjoyed it. To think that people got their pilots certificate only to fly around the pattern. Thats sad. It really sounded like a great adventure. My favorite line was that you got to fly to America in a Plane and returned on the bus!

We will look forward to seeing more of you on POA!

Thank you all for your nice comments,
Keep in touch as will be more adventures coming, after 30 years of flying I have a lot.
When you will share your experience with me?
Enjoy Flying and remember : Flying is dangerous because you have to drive to the airport! :cheerswine:

Great story, Manos! I would like to hear more about your flying in Greece. :yes:

Back