Atlanta/PDK PIREPs?

mtuomi

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
dera
Flying from Columbia,SC to Atlanta tomorrow, any PIREPs on PDK FBOs? Will need a tiedown, no gas, and a rental car.

Several FBOs. Most locals use Epps, right next to the tower. Get a bacon cheesburger and greek salad at the Downwind Lounge right next to the FBO.

Be prepared for last minute changes to your sequencing.

Several FBOs. Most locals use Epps, right next to the tower. Get a bacon cheesburger and greek salad at the Downwind Lounge right next to the FBO.

Be prepared for last minute changes to your sequencing.

Any clue about pricing for an overnight in an Arrow?
Do you know if they have rental cars available there?

They have rental cars at Epps if you call in advance. While you are on the phone you could ask about the overnight charge for an Arrow. :)

Stayed there overnight no ramp charge,did purchase gas. The restuanant was good ,and the people at EPPS where great.

They waived my overnight fee with a fuel purchase.

It's only just over an hours flight from Winnsboro for us, so I doubt we can take enough to waive it. Also, since I'm renting, the owners only reimburse up to their current price which is around $2/g cheaper than Epps's rate, so I think paying the $20 ends up being cheaper.

I'll ask of course 8)

Others have steered you in the right direction. Epps is the best! (Ok, I'm biased because I work there)

I'm in Oshkosh for the week. I'm sure my coworkers will treat you right.

Others have steered you in the right direction. Epps is the best! (Ok, I'm biased because I work there)

I'm in Oshkosh for the week. I'm sure my coworkers will treat you right.

Thanks! Whoever answered the phone was very friendly, good first impression!

While you are there, go out in the hangar and check out the replica of Mr Epps' dad's 1912 airplane. One of his brothers built it in 1969 and flew it in air shows until 1979.

Back