Atlanta area pilots...going to the AOPA seminar tonight?

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
AOPA - Say it Right! Radio Comm in Today's Airspace
Date: Monday February 5, 2007
Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

February 5, 2007
Time: 7:00-9:00pm
Say it Right! Radio Comm in Today's Airspace Atlanta, GA COMFORT INN &
SUITES ATLANTA AIRPORT
1419 VIRGINIA AVE.
CHEATUEAU BALLROOM
ATLANTA, GA 30337

I plan on being there...hope to meet some of you!

Of course, my notice is on the refridgerator at home.....
I haven't travelled on business in 6 weeks and guess what????? I'm leaving today. I'll be in Frriiiiiggggdddiiiidddddd Philadelphia this week, crawling under rail cars all day.
Report back on how the meeting goes. I really wanted to hear this one, too.:mad:

Have no read Keith, I will be "all ears" at this one.

I am going to be skiing in Colorado this weekend and in Le Mars, IA next week. The client just told me it is -4F with wind chill, damn that is COLD!

Anyone going to the one in Maryville, TN. tomorrow night? I plan to be there if the weather doesn't go bad.
Ron

I plan on being there...hope to meet some of you!

I'd appreciate a head's up on how you think the seminar went. We have one scheduled for Tuesday night here and I'm planning to attend if it's worth it.

Thanks.

They shared a lot of information about communications. Much of, you'll know as a PPL or IR but its still good reinforcement of knowledge. They had several controllers present from various facilities to answer questions.

Considering how he had to pack in short cuts at the end, it probably should have been three hours with a break in the middle. Either that, or broke down separate seminars for VFR and IFR.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
All-in-all it was good though the presenter seems to have either been new at this presentation, or did not have enough prep time, as some things were wrong that he said and had to be corrected. Now granted, no one knows everything about everything, but I think his prep work needed a bit more time.

Also, the information he had was good, but man did he need more than two hours. It really could have been a four hour presentation, and from what I could tell he had a captive audience.

The controllers were a hit as well and answered some good questions.

Finally....they were kind enough to give me a few moments to talk about the Georgia Pilots Association and I am grateful for that and it seemed to be well received.
[/FONT]

Back