ATAC Hawker Hunter down Ca: 1fatal

Damn, that is the second fatal crash for ATAC in the last two months.

Really sad to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

L-39 down at Boulder City, NV, 2 fatal
Reports of engine issues on takeoff. Landed in desert, only fire damage around right side engine. Aircraft based in Lancaster, CA

I flew to Camarillo today around 1:30pm, and they had a TFR around Point Magu. I thought it was weird because there was no TFR when I got my briefing beforehand. I guess this is why. :(
Unless there's a typo in the text of the TFR in both the DUATS and Foreflight versions, the TFR only goes up to 80 feet MSL.

TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 3 NMR OF 340954N/1190317W OR THE VENTURA /VTU/ VOR/DME 340 DEGREE RADIAL AT 3 NM, AT AND BELOW 80 FT MSL

Unless there's a typo in the text of the TFR in both the DUATS and Foreflight versions, the TFR only goes up to 80 feet MSL.

TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 3 NMR OF 340954N/1190317W OR THE VENTURA /VTU/ VOR/DME 340 DEGREE RADIAL AT 3 NM, AT AND BELOW 80 FT MSL

There had to have been a typo. The controllers were adamant that nobody could fly to the South of Camarillo due to the TFR.

There had to have been a typo. The controllers were adamant that nobody could fly to the South of Camarillo due to the TFR.
Typo or not, legally, it's 80 ft.
!FDC 2/2744 ZLA CA.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION, VTU340/003. 2006Z - UFN. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(1) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF PT. MUGU ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE AT AND BELOW 080 FEET MSL WITHIN A 3 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 340954N/1190317W OR THE VENTURA /VTU/ VOR/DME 340.0 DEGREE RADIAL AT 3.0 NAUTICAL MILES. PT. MUGU, TELEPHONE 805-989-7677, IS IN CHARGE OF ON SCENE EMERGENCY RESPONSE ACTIVITY. LOS ANGELES /ZLA/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 661- 265-8205, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.
In any case, most of the area falls within the Point Mugu and Camarillo Class D surface areas.

Back