AT&T Tilt

lawingr

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LegalEagle
Anyone have it or use it? I'm looking at getting a new smartphone in the next day or so and have been considering it (not the least of which is because I would like to get Wingx - let me know your thoughts on that as well if you have used it).

Have a Blackberry Pearl right now. Too small. I know the Tilt is definitely not that. Not in the mood to wait for the Blackberry Bold to come out, plus I would like a bigger screen than the Bold will have.

Thoughts?

I have one and I love it. The only problem I had at first was with major battery drain, especially when using push mail and all the other bells and whistles (GPS especially). If you do get one, do a search for "Kaiser Tweak" and utilize that program to turn off or alter some of the default settings you can't do otherwise without delving in to the registry manually. With that, and using SEVEN for push mail instead of the Xpressmail that comes with it, I've been able to get about the same battery life out of it as I did my 8125 (I rarely use the GPS though).

I don't use BlackBerry Connect, so I can't give you any reviews of that service. Never used Wingx either.

I'm surprised at how much difference the tilt screen makes over the straight slide out screen. I tried the Iphone and Tilt..and decided on the Tilt.

I started using the Motorola Q9h on T-mobile week before last. It is my first smart phone and I was not happy to be forced to use one. I liked my small little pocket sized phone. But since work is paying the bill I have to use what they want me to use.

AT&T sells the Q BTW, T-Mobile in the US does not so I had to set mine up myself.

But once set up they are almost identical (mine is not subsidy locked and has a couple of extra features)

It is thin and does fit in my pocket nicely. Battery life is a little shorter than on my KRZR but I can get a bigger battery.

The interface in Windoze mobile, what can I say, it is WinDoze

I like the full keyboard for text and emails. Plus I added 2gig of extra memory so I am using it as an mp3 player with my stereo bluetooth headphones.

Most HTC phones rock hard. Of them all, the TyTN II (the Tilt) is amazing! And if unlocked, it works flawlessly on the T-Mobile network, provided a few changes are made for GPRS and MMS settings.

My next phone will probably be the Blackberry Kickstart. That just looks fun.

Most HTC phones rock hard. Of them all, the TyTN II (the Tilt) is amazing! And if unlocked, it works flawlessly on the T-Mobile network, provided a few changes are made for GPRS and MMS settings.

My next phone will probably be the Blackberry Kickstart. That just looks fun.
T-Mobile will do over the air provisioning of brands and types of phones they do not sell too.

http://tmobileus.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst

Makes life easier on us that want phones the carrier does not offer.

T-Mobile will do over the air provisioning of brands and types of phones they do not sell too.

http://tmobileus.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst

Makes life easier on us that want phones the carrier does not offer.

Unfortunately, most (maybe all, I can't speak with any certainty) Windows Mobile devices do not accept Browser Messages or Push Messages, so they have to be manually configured.

For example, if I try to send a customer the OTA for a TyTN II, the page that normally has a button that says "Press here to send" will instead say:

"Manual configuration steps"

And give the steps to configure the device.

Luckily, since they're based on Windows Mobile, they could not be easier to configure!

edit: Neat! That site you linked is the exact same site we use at work (but at work, its embedded into another window, I assumed it was on the intranet!). What you posted is a VERY useful site.

May be a little late with this reply, but I posted a review of mine over on the purple board with some screenshots from the radar and metars.

http://www.purpleboard.net/~purplebo/forums/showthread.php?t=994

Since I wrote the report, Live Search has been updated and now offers good traffic data for the highways. Battery life has improved to about two or three days depending on what I'm doing with the phone. ATT doesn't like that I doubled my text messages and wants me on a messaging plan. So much for unlimited text messages. :rolleyes: Other than that, it works. I find that I don't use the sliding keyboard much and use the touch screen keyboard more. I loaded up Approach Systems APIC for pdas on it and it works ok also.

Back