Astronomers + Ipad users. Tres cool!

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This app is so neat!
Ever noted a celestial object, with no clue as to its identity?
I do all the time. Heck I have trouble with the little dipper.

Check out the GoSkyWatch app. Free. So cool. omgosh. You can hold the ipad towards the sky you want to learn about and it displays the objects in front of you, with details. It is georeffed and has a 'magnetic compass' that accurately shows the direction you are looking. Allow it to use your location and time and you are set.
You can also change the time, so as to see where things will be in the future. Or point it at the ground to locate stuff over China.

This app is so neat!
Ever noted a celestial object, with no clue as to its identity?
I do all the time. Heck I have trouble with the little dipper.

Check out the GoSkyWatch app. Free. So cool. omgosh. You can hold the ipad towards the sky you want to learn about and it displays the objects in front of you, with details. It is georeffed and has a 'magnetic compass' that accurately shows the direction you are looking. Allow it to use your location and time and you are set.
You can also change the time, so as to see where things will be in the future. Or point it at the ground to locate stuff over China.

Not a new idea. I've had Google Sky Map on my Droid for about as long as I have had it (about 2 years now). This app probably has some additional features, though.

Dave

Dave

Equally fun and useful, a Moon app. I have been looking for one for the laptop for some time without huge success. Took the ipad to the app store, typed in 'Moon' and up came another freebie that does exactly what I want.
Very important for me because we have so little ambient light without the moon here.

Where is the moon?
How bright is it?
When will it rise and set?
When will it be full/new?
My next flight is Nov 8 at 7:45pm, how much moonlight will we have at ____ location?

All done handily with "Moon" by CDV Concepts, free/gratis.

Back