Aspen EFD1000 PRO MAX Audio Alerts Help

Deelee

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Deelee
Hi everyone - I am trying to find information on the audio alert settings for the Aspen EFD 1000 PRO MAX EFIS. I have one. I have come to like it after flying behind it for a few months. One thing that I like are the audio tones that are generated when approaching set altitude and minimums. I would like these tones a lot more if they were a bit louder. I am trying to find a setting that will increase the volume of these alerts, but I don't want to go willy-nilly changing settings. Note - we bought the plane with the Aspen set up the way it is, so maybe the previous owner had turned these tones down. They are juuuuuuust audible when approaching selected altitude and when at (maybe approaching?) minimums.

Does anyone have any idea how I can turn these tones up? I can't find the installation guide for the pro max version. I found this, but it doesn't say anything about setting the volume of the alerts: https://aspenavionics.com/images/re...E_EFD1000_E5_Dual_EFI_Installation_Manual.pdf

And the pilot's guide just mentions the tone generator (which I assume our aircraft has since I can hear a tone), but no indication of how to turn the volume up: https://aspenavionics.com/documents...0 PRO MAX PFD PLTS GUIDE FINAL4WEB_150DPI.pdf

I noted too that the pilot's guide mentions that the EFD1000 PRO MAX can generate audio output tones and/or audio voice alerts for minimums and altitude ("Altitude" and "Minimums" and "Approaching Minimums"). Would be cool to be able to turn on the actual voice alerts, so if anyone knows how to do this, would love to know. Maybe that is in the installation guide, too?

Anyway, thanks for your help on this. I know folks like @Lynn Dixon and @Jesse Saint have helped me out with Aspen questions in the past. Don't know if ya'll have any knowledge on these alerts, but it's worth a shot!

Hi everyone - I am trying to find information on the audio alert settings for the Aspen EFD 1000 PRO MAX EFIS. I have one. I have come to like it after flying behind it for a few months. One thing that I like are the audio tones that are generated when approaching set altitude and minimums. I would like these tones a lot more if they were a bit louder. I am trying to find a setting that will increase the volume of these alerts, but I don't want to go willy-nilly changing settings. Note - we bought the plane with the Aspen set up the way it is, so maybe the previous owner had turned these tones down. They are juuuuuuust audible when approaching selected altitude and when at (maybe approaching?) minimums.

Does anyone have any idea how I can turn these tones up? I can't find the installation guide for the pro max version. I found this, but it doesn't say anything about setting the volume of the alerts: https://aspenavionics.com/images/re...E_EFD1000_E5_Dual_EFI_Installation_Manual.pdf

And the pilot's guide just mentions the tone generator (which I assume our aircraft has since I can hear a tone), but no indication of how to turn the volume up: https://aspenavionics.com/documents/2.10 MAX Guides/091-00005-002 () EFD1000 PRO MAX PFD PLTS GUIDE FINAL4WEB_150DPI.pdf

I noted too that the pilot's guide mentions that the EFD1000 PRO MAX can generate audio output tones and/or audio voice alerts for minimums and altitude ("Altitude" and "Minimums" and "Approaching Minimums"). Would be cool to be able to turn on the actual voice alerts, so if anyone knows how to do this, would love to know. Maybe that is in the installation guide, too?

Anyway, thanks for your help on this. I know folks like @Lynn Dixon and @Jesse Saint have helped me out with Aspen questions in the past. Don't know if ya'll have any knowledge on these alerts, but it's worth a shot!

Aspen put this in the installation menu. I wish it was editable on the go.

To access you'll need to:
The Installation Menu is entered from the Main Menu’s “SYSTEM STATUS PAGE” (page 11 of 11). Simultaneously push and hold the MENU key, Line Select Key #1 and Line Select Key #2 for 3 seconds while the airspeed is below 30 units.

Once there you can scroll until you get to the audio alerts and adjust the volume up or down. Just realize the volume when you hear the test is without the engine running. Don't mess with the other settings though!

I would wire it up to the audio panel so you get the alerts thru your headset. I never did like the tone generator - I could never hear it.

Probably should have posted an update to this... long story short the shop that replaced our RSM (to solve the double red X problem) also noticed that the tone generator had given up the ghost and gone to the great tone generator place in the sky.

The ol' boy must have been on its last legs when we bought the airplane. They installed a new one for about $150 parts and labor and we now have a tone generator that is loud enough for me to hear the altitude and minimums alerts very well through my Lightspeed Zulus... Having it integrated into the audio panel would be nice, though.

Back