Asking Nicely - please read this.

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
I met LTC Cerri once a few years ago through a friend at Ft. Eustis. Nothing more than a casual 5 minutes. I did not have the privilege of knowing his son in law or other family members.

The link goes to a website, obviously. What I have in my will is what I have asked to be on me headstone if I do not go to a military cemetary, and it is what is written by Royster.

There is more than one part to the tale. Try to understand that these people do not care about your politics. They want to make it so you can have your politics.

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/005844.html

Please, just read and try to understand, just as you want to be understood.

Now why is this spin? This is about honoring a man, not politics or religion. The irony is palpable.:mad:

Thank you for sharing that, KP. As you said, this thread is about honoring a man, who is also a husband, a son, a warrior and a patriot.
Let us never forget.

I agree with KP that this is not spin, but I can understand that some people might want to turn it into a debate over the war.

That said, it is a beautiful bit of prose, and hits hard. Such an epitaph would be a lasting reminder that the living should celebrate the lives of those who have passed, not mourn their passing.

Thank you for posting this.

This was moved to spin (not by me) because of some concern that the thread might become political in nature. However, since it isn't immediately classifyable (sp?) as "spin" material, I'm moving it back to HT. If it becomes more political nature, it of course will be moved back.

Thanks Chuck.

No politics, just simple tribute. I understand the concern, I didn't understand being so quick to make the move.

Back