AskaCFI.com

p1l0t

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
p1l0t
Have any of you been to http://askacfi.com? It's a pretty neat site. You basically ask a question and get responses from CFIs. Most of the responses I have seen appear to be correct. Although there are a few good debates, mostly stemming out of geeking out on obscure regulation interpretations.

<---<^>--->

Don't really need someone to tell me which are the best Ramen noodles.

True, but that only goes to illustrate just how poorly professors are paid.

Today's Reality Lesson for Those With Reality-Exposure Deficit: When Demand exceeds supply, prices increase. When supply exceeds demand, prices decrease.

NOTE: Does NOT apply when government "manages" supply or demand. in that case Supply always decreases and prices always rise higher than the market will support.

Quiz tomorrow.

slight more on topic.... What is the name of the instructor featured on Alaska Airmen who teaches bush flying and off airport landings. The guy with the bushy 'stache?

Today's Reality Lesson for Those With Reality-Exposure Deficit: When Demand exceeds supply, prices increase. When supply exceeds demand, prices decrease.

NOTE: Does NOT apply when government "manages" supply or demand. in that case Supply always decreases and prices always rise higher than the market will support.

Quiz tomorrow.

I'm writing you in this November.

<---<^>--->

Last edited:
Have any of you been to http://askacfi.com? It's a pretty neat site. You basically ask a question and get responses from CFIs. Most of the responses I have seen appear to be correct. Although there are a few good debates, mostly stemming out of geeking out on obscure regulation interpretations.

Yup - Paul put together a good site. It started with him answering the questions himself, but he transitioned to having anyone answer questions when he got too busy with charter flying to keep up with it.

BTW, you can sign up as either a pilot or a CFI (and can change your profile if you earn the rating). I signed up as a pilot but as I'm wanting to get my CFI I figured it would be an excellent opportunity to answer students' questions and find the correct citations in FAA documentation. I was pretty active on there a year or so ago, and actually managed to be the top-rated answer-giver (people could "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" answers) for a long time. When I visited recently the ratings were gone, so who knows if I ever got beat out.

John Collins posts a lot of his truly excellent answers over there.

Yup - Paul put together a good site. It started with him answering the questions himself, but he transitioned to having anyone answer questions when he got too busy with charter flying to keep up with it.

BTW, you can sign up as either a pilot or a CFI (and can change your profile if you earn the rating). I signed up as a pilot but as I'm wanting to get my CFI I figured it would be an excellent opportunity to answer students' questions and find the correct citations in FAA documentation. I was pretty active on there a year or so ago, and actually managed to be the top-rated answer-giver (people could "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" answers) for a long time. When I visited recently the ratings were gone, so who knows if I ever got beat out.

Don't you have your AGI and IGI? Or are Ground Instructors not "good enough?"

slight more on topic.... What is the name of the instructor featured on Alaska Airmen who teaches bush flying and off airport landings. The guy with the bushy 'stache?

You mean on Alaska Wingmen? That's Don Lee. I watched a couple episodes with him and was already speculating about how I could justify a trip to Alaska to take some instruction from that guy!

You mean on Alaska Wingmen? That's Don Lee. I watched a couple episodes with him and was already speculating about how I could justify a trip to Alaska to take some instruction from that guy!
IIRC, he teaches out of Talkeetna. http://www.alaskafloats.com/ We had actually planned on getting some instruction up there a few years ago, though it was with Above Alaska Aviation (Andrew Haag), not Don. I posted a video of him a few hours ago.:rolleyes:

The site has Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators available for free download. Since it's an FAA publication, he used the FOIA to obtain a digital copy, which he links to here

Thanks. Let's start a new party.

PoA ;) (might have to be People of America on the surface though)

Yeah lots of good stuff

The site has Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators available for free download. Since it's an FAA publication, he used the FOIA to obtain a digital copy, which he links to here

I didn't see this before, nice little easter egg.

<---<^>--->

Back