Article in flying, pilots hits man on rwy and is sued

pilotod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eyeflying
I was reading an article in the recent Flying mag about aviation insurance. The author said a pilot landed at night and hit someone on a runway who was mooning him. Then the pilot was sued for personal injury.

I tried to find out a little more about this lawsuit but couldn't find the story online. Has anyone heard of this lawsuit? I hope the pilot countersued.

I know someone who was hit mooning a plane, never heard of a lawsuit.

Could you elaborate? Hit with the airplane, or did the pilot smack the dude later after landing?

Stood on the runway and mooned a pilot who was buzzing them and got hit by the airplane wheel or landing gear strut if I remember the story correctly. Guess it made a mess of him(friends thought he was dead, lots of hospital time) when I knew him after recovery he was fine.
This is small private out of the way airport stupid human tricks, not uncommon, but you won't see it happening around gated funkill airports.

I read the article. Seems the guy was mooning the pilot as he landed at night. The mooner was stuck in the head by the wing of the plane leaving a dent in the leading edge.

The pilot found the man unconscious with his pants down after going back to see what he hit. He thought he might of hit a deer.

His first mistake was in not dragging the guy to the nearest public road...

;) ;) ;)

Back