Arrival Times

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Now that we're less than a week away from the actual event, I thought I'd check in and see when people are actually planning on arriving. Just scanned through the "Attendee List" from a while ago, but I know how plans change along the way.

SO... When are people actually planning on arriving at 6Y9?

Rachel and I are planning on getting there Friday. We could pretty much get there as early or late as we want, but I kinda don't wanna show up and twiddle our thumbs waiting for others to arrive. Right now our plan is to get there late afternoon (5ish).

Others?

Sometime Friday before sunset. I am doing my long Commercial XC on the way up.

Pete

I will be up there Thursday, we can find something for you to do on Friday. :yes:

Going to Rockford first :) Madison to Houghton was 6 NM short of 250 NM plus Houghton to 6Y9 isn't quite 50 NM either. Not the most direct route, but it ought to be fun.

Pete

Going to Rockford first :) Madison to Houghton was 6 NM short of 250 NM plus Houghton to 6Y9 isn't quite 50 NM either. Not the most direct route, but it ought to be fun.

Pete

Each leg doesn't need to be 50nm. you could have one leg of 5nm one leg of 290nm and one leg of 6nm, and that would count as your long XC.

I assume the MSN-> RFD is a repositioning flight, and RFD will be your original point of departure?

If that is the case, I would NOT log the MSN-RFD flight at all.

i was under the impression that his long solo XC for commercial would be MSN-RFD-6Y9-MSN

i was under the impression that his long solo XC for commercial would be MSN-RFD-6Y9-MSN
If that is the case then it is an invalid Long XC for the commercial. I think that is what Ed is getting at.

61.129(b)(i) States "One cross country flight of not less than 300NM total distance with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a straight line distance of at least 250NM from the original departure point....

Madison is only 204 NM from 6Y9 and that is his original departure point. If his departure point were KRFD then it would count at KRFD is 260NM

He could have a route of KRFD, KIMT (fuel), KRFD and it would count. Just use the KMSN to KRFD and return as a repositioning flight.

ah i forgot that it was from original departure. for some reason just thought that one leg had to be 250.

Crap....thanks for reminding me of that one.....Well in that case it should be ok to log say RFD-6Y9-IMT(need 3 landings-to)-MSN for the long XC then. Right?

Pete

Im not sure if Ed is anywhere near internet. got a voicemail saying that he was in 6Y9 and letsee:

there was some grass growing in the dirt so they are going to move the cones to encompass the grassy area. do not land before the cones.

if arriving near sunset, land to the east if at all practical. landing to the west could involve severely reduced visibility due to the sun in your face.

Crap....thanks for reminding me of that one.....Well in that case it should be ok to log say RFD-6Y9-IMT(need 3 landings-to)-MSN for the long XC then. Right?

Yeah, I think that should work. Just log MSN->RFD as one flight and the rest as another flight and you're good.

I blew away all doubt with my comm solo XC: EFD->SIK->RFD->MSN. Hell, two of the legs were over 300nm! Total is 895nm.

I wasn't even planning on doing it for the comm until I was in the air on the 2nd leg. I was on flight following and talking to RFD approach, and I realized that I could do a stop&go and make it my comm solo XC. Sweet. :)

Planning to be wheels up by 1:30pm today. I'll listen to 122.75 on the way up.

Pete

Planning to be wheels up by 1:30pm today. I'll listen to 122.75 on the way up.

Pete

Tony and I will also be on 122.75 while enroute for anyone else that will be in the air in the area today.

Back