Arrested: Randy Babbitt

I mean, I like my flying and I wish I could say 15K/year was all I've spent on it, but no way in hell I'm moving into my 'rents basement and paying lawyers and shrinks for it. If you think HIMS is bad, go to an avionics shop.

Just curious, but how old are you, HIMS program, and what do you do professionally? I've been reading this thread, and honestly don't know what to think either way.

My professional ambition is to become a surgeon, this has been put on hold due the current circumstances. Thus the need to reside in the lower layer of my parents house.

I mean, I like my flying and I wish I could say 15K/year was all I've spent on it, but no way in hell I'm moving into my 'rents basement and paying lawyers and shrinks for it. If you think HIMS is bad, go to an avionics shop.

At least my lawyers and shrinks will be able to go to the avionics shop.

they won't leave with much for 15K between the two of em. :D

They can each get a pair of Bose A20 headsets, and a new Garmin 696. Enough fuel for a trip to the bahamas.

I'm not complaining though, I have absolutely the best attorneys there are.

They can each get a pair of Bose A20 headsets, and a new Garmin 696. Enough fuel for a trip to the bahamas.

I'm not complaining though, I have absolutely the best attorneys there are.

That's a pilot shop, not an avionics shop. They're a lot like HIMS. You need to admit something is wrong, even though you don't know it or believe it even to be possible. And the pricing starts at $15,000

BS. Go become a surgeon, and by the time you get through THAT program if you've kept clean you won't have a problem getting a third class.

My professional ambition is to become a surgeon, this has been put on hold due the current circumstances. Thus the need to reside in the lower layer of my parents house.

It's not hims or their psychiatrist who are holding you back. It's your fixation on that issue.
Put your energy and money towards getting into medschool.
By the time you are done with residency, which is the first point where you may have enough time to think about flying, your dui will be far enough back that you can get your medical the cheaper way outlined above.

Just dont get liquored up and land on a beach or something, rojaa.

It's not hims or their psychiatrist who are holding you back. It's your fixation on that issue.
Put your energy and money towards getting into medschool.
By the time you are done with residency, which is the first point where you may have enough time to think about flying, your dui will be far enough back that you can get your medical the cheaper way outlined above.

Just dont get liquored up and land on a beach or something, rojaa.

It's too late I'm already $15K in the game. No turning back. Plus I need to regain morale before I can pursue medicine.

It is the HIMS Psychiatrist holding me back, he's trying to place me into a lifelong career of a street sweeper.

Last edited:
It is the HIMS Psychiatrist holding me back, he's trying to place me into a lifelong career of a street sweeper.

And it's your own fault if you let them. Nobody can do anything to you unless you let them. If you let them do it, it's no longer their fault, it's yours.

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

Less talk - more do.

And it's your own fault if you let them. Nobody can do anything to you unless you let them. If you let them do it, it's no longer their fault, it's yours.

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

Less talk - more do.

That is some sound logic there brother. So every criminal should be excused of their crimes because their victim let them do it so it's not their fault?

Due respect, but your posts display some dangerous character traits. You're showing yourself to be both anti-authority and not take responsibility for your decisions. You chose to try and get a medical, and you chose to continue that process to the tune of, by your reckoning, $15k. You've also put off your educational and career goals (med school), and moved back into your parent's basement in order to pay for a recreational medical certificate.

All in, that sounds very much like addictive behaviour. You are taking a recreational activity, and permitting it to interfere with your entire life. If your recreational activity of choice was alcohol, you'd be a drunk. If it was gambling, you'd be an addict.

Due respect, but your posts display some dangerous character traits. You're showing yourself to be both anti-authority and not take responsibility for your decisions. You chose to try and get a medical, and you chose to continue that process to the tune of, by your reckoning, $15k. You've also put off your educational and career goals (med school), and moved back into your parent's basement in order to pay for a recreational medical certificate.

All in, that sounds very much like addictive behaviour. You are taking a recreational activity, and permitting it to interfere with your entire life. If your recreational activity of choice was alcohol, you'd be a drunk. If it was gambling, you'd be an addict.

Thanks for your concern. My number one concern is flight safety and I am a very safe pilot. I do apply a hazardous attitude when it comes to freedom and preserving some common sense, it is not a matter I take lightly.

First of all, I am extremely frustrated under my current circumstances, I just finished college with a very difficult major and I could use a little time off from school. Medical School ain't the lottery, you don't just apply and hope to get in. I still don't have over 100 volunteer hours, and I still need my doctor shadowing, etc... Plus I have this Psych determined to make me a career street cleaner. So I have some things I need to clear up. You go in when you're ready, this isn't basket weaving PhD.

Plus, I am shooting for highly competitive residencies so I'm not starting my medical studies without my full focus.

I think waiting a year to apply to med school is SMART. I'd rather not throw away money on rent, instead utilize it for something important.

I respect police officers and I'm not anti-authority, I'm anti-stupidity. There's a big difference.

I agree with you, you have to have a safe attitude to fly. Don't accuse me of having an unsafe attitude for standing up for the right thing, that's what they used to tell the slaves.

Last edited:
That is some sound logic there brother. So every criminal should be excused of their crimes because their victim let them do it so it's not their fault?

What crime are they committing against you? So far, the only evidence of any crime having been committed is the DUI you committed.

Don't accuse me of having an unsafe attitude for standing up for the right thing, that's what they used to tell the slaves.

Here we go again.... :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

How so ?

He's not keeping you from applying to medschool, I dont recall a FAA medical being part of the application packet.

Street sweepers drive heavy equipment and still have a pension. It's like driving an oversized Zamboni. It's really not a bad job, and it's not that stressful either.

As far as anti-authority is concerned, most in authority are worthless types who derserve the same respect one would give to any other thug or thief. They're not worth the pi$$ to put 'em out if they were on fire. You just have to pick your battles is all.

Last edited:
I'm just hung up on the "I'm $15K in, so I have to continue" comment... toward something that's obviously just being done for recreation/fun.

That's called "throwing good money after bad" in the Stock/Commodities trading world.

I'm not going to go so far as some have to suggest a different hobby -- you're certainly free to do as you please -- but I worry a bit about anyone who got as far in as you did and keeps "doubling-down".

Everyone has different risk thresholds, but you're $15K into a system to get you a medical certificate that then lets you start on the journey toward a pilot certificate, which you may or may not really use over a lifetime. (Some people do drop out and not come back after the expense and the time are factored into their real-world lives.)

That's beyond my risk/reward tolerance level. Maybe not yours. Just a thought. Maybe it'll pay off, maybe it won't.

I'm just hung up on the "I'm $15K in, so I have to continue" comment... toward something that's obviously just being done for recreation/fun.

That's called "throwing good money after bad" in the Stock/Commodities trading world.

I'm not going to go so far as some have to suggest a different hobby -- you're certainly free to do as you please -- but I worry a bit about anyone who got as far in as you did and keeps "doubling-down".

Everyone has different risk thresholds, but you're $15K into a system to get you a medical certificate that then lets you start on the journey toward a pilot certificate, which you may or may not really use over a lifetime. (Some people do drop out and not come back after the expense and the time are factored into their real-world lives.)

That's beyond my risk/reward tolerance level. Maybe not yours. Just a thought. Maybe it'll pay off, maybe it won't.

Gee, I don't know, Denverpilot, somehow I don't think pilots as a group are in a good position to criticize someone else's extravagant use of money!

Thanks for your concern. My number one concern is flight safety and I am a very safe pilot. I do apply a hazardous attitude when it comes to freedom and preserving some common sense, it is not a matter I take lightly.

First of all, I am extremely frustrated under my current circumstances, I just finished college with a very difficult major and I could use a little time off from school. Medical School ain't the lottery, you don't just apply and hope to get in. I still don't have over 100 volunteer hours, and I still need my doctor shadowing, etc... Plus I have this Psych determined to make me a career street cleaner. So I have some things I need to clear up. You go in when you're ready, this isn't basket weaving PhD.

Plus, I am shooting for highly competitive residencies so I'm not starting my medical studies without my full focus.

I think waiting a year to apply to med school is SMART. I'd rather not throw away money on rent, instead utilize it for something important.

I respect police officers and I'm not anti-authority, I'm anti-stupidity. There's a big difference.

I agree with you, you have to have a safe attitude to fly. Don't accuse me of having an unsafe attitude for standing up for the right thing, that's what they used to tell the slaves.

Yet, from what I read, everyone else is to blame for your predicament, not you. The pshrink is responsible for the $15k, which you voluntarily agreed to. The FAA is responsible for having a policy of >0.15.

All of this stems from your mistake. Every single bit of it. People have offered you advice here, yet you have deflected responsibility to someone else every single time.

The most critical duty of a Pilot in Command is to be responsible for the safe operation of the flight. It is not the job of the PIC to assign blame to someone else, or determine who is responsible for something going wrong. If you choose to take off into marginal weather, it's not the FSS briefer's fault that he didn't tell you about something. If the line guy forgets to put the fuel cap on and all your fuel goes into the wind because of it, it's not his fault you didn't do a thorough preflight.

You've decided what your priorities are. Don't blame other people for those decisions.

All of this stems from your mistake. Every single bit of it. People have offered you advice here, yet you have deflected responsibility to someone else every single time.

I think HIMS Program is frustrated because he already did take responsibility for himself. Personally I see his frustration, it doesn't make any sense how a commercial airline pilot 'takes responsibility' by doing the arbitrary 12 steps when he knew as a pilot he shouldn't be drinking and driving in the first place. Yet someone who changed from youthful mistakes somehow didn't take responsibility?

I'm skeptical of the assumption "once a scewup, always a screwup." It's just too cynical for my taste.

On the other hand, I do find myself wondering why he doesn't just go with the flow and cooperate with the program, instead of spending money on lawyers.

What's the problem? The program is there, they are given the opportunity to prove they're not screw-ups for life. What am I supposed to believe a drunk when they say don't have a problem? F- that...

Yeah, well, I'm kinda cranky like that. Not much political correctness exists in my head, I pretty much call it like I see it and don't put up with whiny maggots much.

I'm old enough now that I have fewer years in front of me than I have behind me, and I don't waste much time with BS, I just cut to the chase.

If my response to HIMS offends anyone, well, grow a pair and get over it.

One thing you forgot, anyone getting busted on a .15 BAC DUI; this won't be their first time drinking to that level of drunkenness or driving while being so. It takes years of experience being that drunk to be functional like that.

iHenning,

I agree with you that all this is punishment for past DUI. I just don't see why I have to go under extra punishment because I want to be a pilot.

Because as a pilot you are in a greater position of public trust as well as the fact that pilots are historically notorious for being drunks. A series of well publicized incidents in the 70s and 80s which concerned accidents where the cockpit crew was saturated with a variety of party materials which also helped get us the **** nazi industry.

It's always people who don't know how to moderate their actions is always what brings the crap down on everyone.

How so ?

He's not keeping you from applying to medschool, I dont recall a FAA medical being part of the application packet.
He's gonna have a heck of a time on any medical staff.....:yikes:
henning said:
One thing you forgot, anyone getting busted on a .15 BAC DUI; this won't be their first time drinking to that level of drunkenness or driving while being so. It takes years of experience being that drunk to be functional like that.
And that's a fact, jack.

Gee, I don't know, Denverpilot, somehow I don't think pilots as a group are in a good position to criticize someone else's extravagant use of money!

Excellent point sir. Touché. ;)

Although there are a couple points to be made...

I'm making "extravagant" use of MY money.

He's still mooching off parents for his housing costs, as an adult, so he has the option to spend $15K on chasing a medical for recreation. :(

I doubt I could put my own kid (if I had any) on the street in similar circumstances, but my displeasure about their priorities would be well enough known, if one were doing this, that they'd probably want to move out -- rather than listen to me lecture every day about it. :)

I'd say I'm trying not to be judgmental of the scenario presented so far, but I'd be lying.

I lived in a cockroach infested apartment for a couple of years so I could afford to do other things in life.

I moved out after high school and yeah, a couple years later I did ask for a room with my grandparents after showing them a plan and offering to pay rent.

Grandpa wouldn't have it, but later when he became a widower I made it a point to visit frequently and take care of him when he refused to move out of that same house.

I worked three jobs with awful hours -- mostly late nights -- during the time I stayed there, as well as attending full time college classes.

(Continental Airlines Ramp Rat, USPS mail sorter, and Gas Station Attendant all at the same time with various other odd jobs thrown in for extra cash like helping repair and troubleshoot washers and dryers at a laundromat, stock chemicals and repair things at a car wash, and whatever else paid best at the time.)

I kinda get it -- jobs aren't as easy to find these days -- but I also get a distinct feel that you, young man, might feel those jobs are beneath you.

That might be just my imagination. But I've seen a lot of it. So forgive me if I assume it.

He's going to be a Doctor with a pilot's license someday, after all! ;)

That's probably a bit harsh. But life is hard.

As far as the free room at the grandparent's house for a couple of years... there's an end to that story...

When he finally knew his time was short last fall, he hid it from me and my wife until we left town for a vacation, which included my wife being in a choral singing competition that he knew we couldn't just pack up and come home from.

You don't leave the chorus and head home on word someone's ill.

He called dad, asked for a ride to the hospital, got the confirmation that his cancer which he'd fought 9 years earlier was back, and then the part that was part of his plan, we all realized later...

He stopped eating. He was done. He'd had me over the night before we left and later I realized it was his way of saying goodbye. Made up some problem with his phone number lists he meticulously kept of the few remaining friends and relatives he hadn't outlived, which were about three people. Had me help him "re-write" the lists. He was really making sure I could read his handwriting so we knew who to call after he passed. The list wasn't very big. He lived to well over 90.

We came home, helped dad get him a room at my wife's company's hospice care, and he passed away a week plus a few days later.

I was lucky enough to be his last visitor the night before he passed.

He was unresponsive but I told him thanks and that if he was holding on because he was worried about us, not to be. He taught us how to take care of ourselves and did a great job.

Life's tough HIMS. Your story of woe about living in your parent's basement, headed for an illustrious career as a Doc, and having to fight the oh-so-awful system that keeps people with .15 BACs from easily obtaining pilot's licenses...

... just doesn't sound all that hard to most of us who've busted ass for everything we've gained in life. Many of us have already done it in fact.

Before I asked for the room with the grandfolks, I even tried my hand at living in a religious commune in Chicago serving the homeless community. They put me to work with a cutting torch on an outdoor fire escape that needed removal so they could replace it, in January. Coldest I've ever been. Lake wind, high humidity, blows right through you. I considered turning the torch on myself a few times just to warm up.

Also learned that there's lots and lots of folks even more worse off than you or me out there, as a side effect of working at a homeless shelter.

Some by circumstance, some actually by choice which was a surprise to a sheltered kid from the 'burbs.

Maybe your story isn't coming across well in text on the Internet -- but so far, but the admonishment to "Embrace the Suck" seems to ring true from here. Get over yourself. You have it good judging by your "complaint" list.

Yes, you've made better choices for your life since the DUI. Good.

Yes, there's still repercussions for the bad choice. Time to Suck it up.

Anyone who's experienced life and made a significant bad choice has had the same thing happen.

Not necessarily your circumstances, but similar.

Ask any kid who's gone to war if they wanted to, for example.

Ask the single mom if this is what she expected she'd be doing with her life now and how hard she works to juggle a job and taking care of her kid(s).

Want to hear my story of how to pay off outrageous credit card debt?

A few bad choices, years of Suck.

I see it as not a very big deal compared to the folks I saw waiting for emergency care at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, where I drove a homeless man who had his head smashed by another homeless man who found a baseball bat.

Ambulances were slow to our 'hood and he was amazingly, alert, responsive, and knew where he was. Miraculously he had a concussion but no permanent damage.

You could be him instead of you. Life's been kind to you. "Red", not so much. He still walked into the soup kitchen every day with a smile on his face and a hello for anyone.

Your life is already incredibly blessed, just by the bit I've heard.

Only a lucky few make perfect choices their whole lives. You didn't. I didn't.

But you're way way way ahead of millions.

Act just a little less displeased with your life circumstances. It'll reduce the Suck. You're creating much of it.

Excellent point sir. Touché. ;)

Although there are a couple points to be made...

I'm making "extravagant" use of MY money.

He's still mooching off parents for his housing costs, as an adult, so he has the option to spend $15K on chasing a medical for recreation. :(

I doubt I could put my own kid (if I had any) on the street in similar circumstances, but my displeasure about their priorities would be well enough known, if one were doing this, that they'd probably want to move out -- rather than listen to me lecture every day about it. :)

I'd say I'm trying not to be judgmental of the scenario presented so far, but I'd be lying.

I lived in a cockroach infested apartment for a couple of years so I could afford to do other things in life.

I moved out after high school and yeah, a couple years later I did ask for a room with my grandparents after showing them a plan and offering to pay rent.

Grandpa wouldn't have it, but later when he became a widower I made it a point to visit frequently and take care of him when he refused to move out of that same house.

I worked three jobs with awful hours -- mostly late nights -- during the time I stayed there, as well as attending full time college classes.

(Continental Airlines Ramp Rat, USPS mail sorter, and Gas Station Attendant all at the same time with various other odd jobs thrown in for extra cash like helping repair and troubleshoot washers and dryers at a laundromat, stock chemicals and repair things at a car wash, and whatever else paid best at the time.)

I kinda get it -- jobs aren't as easy to find these days -- but I also get a distinct feel that you, young man, might feel those jobs are beneath you.

That might be just my imagination. But I've seen a lot of it. So forgive me if I assume it.

He's going to be a Doctor with a pilot's license someday, after all! ;)

That's probably a bit harsh. But life is hard.

As far as the free room at the grandparent's house for a couple of years... there's an end to that story...

When he finally knew his time was short last fall, he hid it from me and my wife until we left town for a vacation, which included my wife being in a choral singing competition that he knew we couldn't just pack up and come home from.

You don't leave the chorus and head home on word someone's ill.

He called dad, asked for a ride to the hospital, got the confirmation that his cancer which he'd fought 9 years earlier was back, and then the part that was part of his plan, we all realized later...

He stopped eating. He was done. He'd had me over the night before we left and later I realized it was his way of saying goodbye. Made up some problem with his phone number lists he meticulously kept of the few remaining friends and relatives he hadn't outlived, which were about three people. Had me help him "re-write" the lists. He was really making sure I could read his handwriting so we knew who to call after he passed. The list wasn't very big. He lived to well over 90.

We came home, helped dad get him a room at my wife's company's hospice care, and he passed away a week plus a few days later.

I was lucky enough to be his last visitor the night before he passed.

He was unresponsive but I told him thanks and that if he was holding on because he was worried about us, not to be. He taught us how to take care of ourselves and did a great job.

Life's tough HIMS. Your story of woe about living in your parent's basement, headed for an illustrious career as a Doc, and having to fight the oh-so-awful system that keeps people with .15 BACs from easily obtaining pilot's licenses...

... just doesn't sound all that hard to most of us who've busted ass for everything we've gained in life. Many of us have already done it in fact.

Before I asked for the room with the grandfolks, I even tried my hand at living in a religious commune in Chicago serving the homeless community. They put me to work with a cutting torch on an outdoor fire escape that needed removal so they could replace it, in January. Coldest I've ever been. Lake wind, high humidity, blows right through you. I considered turning the torch on myself a few times just to warm up.

Also learned that there's lots and lots of folks even more worse off than you or me out there, as a side effect of working at a homeless shelter.

Some by circumstance, some actually by choice which was a surprise to a sheltered kid from the 'burbs.

Maybe your story isn't coming across well in text on the Internet -- but so far, but the admonishment to "Embrace the Suck" seems to ring true from here. Get over yourself. You have it good judging by your "complaint" list.

Yes, you've made better choices for your life since the DUI. Good.

Yes, there's still repercussions for the bad choice. Time to Suck it up.

Anyone who's experienced life and made a significant bad choice has had the same thing happen.

Not necessarily your circumstances, but similar.

Ask any kid who's gone to war if they wanted to, for example.

Ask the single mom if this is what she expected she'd be doing with her life now and how hard she works to juggle a job and taking care of her kid(s).

Want to hear my story of how to pay off outrageous credit card debt?

A few bad choices, years of Suck.

I see it as not a very big deal compared to the folks I saw waiting for emergency care at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, where I drove a homeless man who had his head smashed by another homeless man who found a baseball bat.

Ambulances were slow to our 'hood and he was amazingly, alert, responsive, and knew where he was. Miraculously he had a concussion but no permanent damage.

You could be him instead of you. Life's been kind to you. "Red", not so much. He still walked into the soup kitchen every day with a smile on his face and a hello for anyone.

Your life is already incredibly blessed, just by the bit I've heard.

Only a lucky few make perfect choices their whole lives. You didn't. I didn't.

But you're way way way ahead of millions.

Act just a little less displeased with your life circumstances. It'll reduce the Suck. You're creating much of it.
You know, I wish we had a "Like!" button here on PoA!

I see a new credit card commercial:

Lawyer and HIMS psychiatrist $15,000
FAA medical certificate priceless

I see a new credit card commercial:

Lawyer and HIMS psychiatrist $15,000
FAA medical certificate priceless

That actually brings up a great point.

Cost of drivers license: $8
Cost to keep drivers license after DUI: $8000
Ratio of DUI cost to license cost: 1000:1

Cost of CPL w/ IR: $15,000
Cost to keep CPL valid after DUI: $15,000
Ratio of DUI cost to license cost: 1:1

The FAA gives you a hell of a lot better deal for getting a DUI than DMV does....

Personsally I still think if you're so stupid and poor an operator of a car for getting caught driving drunk, you're too stupid and poor of an operator to be in charge of an airplane.

One thing you forgot, anyone getting busted on a .15 BAC DUI; this won't be their first time drinking to that level of drunkenness or driving while being so.

This theory is interesting, however, it doesn't explain why HIMS Program has not gotten a second DUI.

Typically people with DUIs get a second one unless they do something about it.

This theory is interesting, however, it doesn't explain why HIMS Program has not gotten a second DUI.

The only thing not getting a second DUI proves is you didn't get caught driving drunk after that, not that you have 'done something' about an alcohol problem. All you need is friends to drive, a cab, or become a stay at home drunk... whatever... to not get another DUI.

Getting a second means you're too stupid to learn basic tricks which means you should apply at Air France where they hire total morons to fly planes into the ocean imagining there was someway it would fly at Flight Idle..

Cost of CPL w/ IR: $15,000
Cost to keep CPL valid after DUI: $15,000
Ratio of DUI cost to license cost: 1:1

I just want to clear up the facts, I did not get a DUI while having a PL. Just now trying to get a PL years and years after my mistake. Had I gotten a DUI while holding a PL I would not be complaining about doing the HIMS Program. If I thought it was o.k. to drive drunk I would not be complaining about not being able to keep my pilot license.

I find it interesting that you guys say I'm still a retard whose going to drive drunk again, then I get frustrated and you don't change your mind. If I didn't get frustrated at this claim that should be more of a concern for you guys if your real motivation is safety. Obviously, it's more important for you to punish the privileged young man to teach him a lesson. I actually already know the consequences of the DUI, that's why I never did it again. Yea, it is too bad homeless people have it a lot worse, unfortunately the fact that there are homeless people has absolutely nothing to do with me safely flying an airplane.

Denver Pilot,

Your approximation about my irresponsibility of spending 15K is incorrect. It is my passion for flying that keeps me going, you said I am not even sure if it will be something I love, when the fact that I've already invested all the money actually indicates I already know I'll always love it. If I wasn't sure about it, I wouldn't have spent all that money.

I don't find any of those jobs you listed demeaning, quite the opposite, my work ethic is incredible. I am simply illustrating that the Psych is trying to turn me into a brainwashed monkey and wants me to become a janitor for life. Not that there's anything wrong with being a janitor, that is just what his goal is.

-HIMS Program

The only thing not getting a second DUI proves is you didn't get caught driving drunk after that, not that you have 'done something' about an alcohol problem. All you need is friends to drive, a cab, or become a stay at home drunk... whatever... to not get another DUI.

I run marathons and raise money for charities I like, if you think I'm still out drinking and calling cabs, good for you, I'm proud of your resentments : )

I don't find any of those jobs you listed demeaning, quite the opposite, my work ethic is incredible. I am simply illustrating that the Psych is trying to turn me into a brainwashed monkey and wants me to become a janitor for life. Not that there's anything wrong with being a janitor, that is just what his goal is.

Again, how would going through the steps prescribed by the program require you to become a janitor or street-sweeper ? It would cost you money, time and the ability to swallow your pride for a couple of months, but how would it hold you back in your educational achievement ?

And here is why the FAA has a problem with addictive personalities learning how to fly:
WPR09LA357

And here is why the FAA has a problem with addictive personalities learning how to fly:
WPR09LA357

I shouldn't even dignify this comment with a response, but I find it very offensive that you would compare me with a heroin addict. It was completely uncalled for.

I shouldn't even dignify this comment with a response, but I find it very offensive that you would compare me with a heroin addict. It was completely uncalled for.

The screwed up wiring in the brain is all the same. He was not a heroin addict at the time he died, he had 'put that behind him' and was on an accepted form of treatment for that particular addiction (accepted by people in addiction medicine and NIDA, not accepted by the FAA).

There is a series of video tributes to him on youtube. They show a lot of the 'enjoying life to the fullest', running marathons raising money for charities kind of stuff (also shows him buzzing the cali coastline and performing aerobatics in his lancair, but who cares he was just a 'fun loving guy').

I have stuck up for you to a degree because I tend to stick up for the underdog, but you should know that the FAA has identified "anti-authority" as a hazardous attitude for pilots to have. We probably all have it to some degree, but continuing to post here after you have been banned might be a warning sign that you're going too far.

Last edited:
I have stuck up for you to a degree because I tend to stick up for the underdog, but you should know that the FAA has identified "anti-authority" as a hazardius attitude for pilots to have. We probably all have it to some degree, but continuing to post here after you have been banned might be a warning sign that you're going too far.

You're right, I'm not wasting my time in this negative atmosphere. They banned me but continued to make personal attacks, i.e. spoiled brat commentary. This instigated me to continue arguing.

Arguing here is a pointless waste of energy.

Out/

I run marathons and raise money for charities I like, if you think I'm still out drinking and calling cabs, good for you, I'm proud of your resentments : )

??? My resentments??? What resentments? I have none. It's others that resent the HIMS program when it's a gift to them. I'm just explaining why the HIMS program is a gift and why they should not resent it, because without it, they get NO medical to fly on. The FAA can just as easily say "GFY" and 95% of the population would be behind them saying, "Damn right, GFY we don't want you endangering the skies."

If someone doesn't want to deal with the HIMS program, they can just go buy a plane and fly it without a license or medical like hundreds if not thousands of others do (just don't expect to get a flying job that way). Look, I screwed up when I was 12, ended up with knee surgery which kept me out of the US Navy and a USNA slot. Just because we were young when we made errors doesn't mean the consequences go away. Thing is, I don't go about whining and pouting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back