pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
From Show Low Arizona.

~~~~~

Please alert your chapter members to be on the lookout for my Continental C-90-12 s/n 45856-7-12. Subject engine was taken from my locked hanger at the Show Low Airport. The theft occurred sometime during late July or early August while I was on vacation.

The engine had 0 hours since major overhaul, 969 hours since new from factory and was ready to install in an aircraft. The engine was mounted on a stand consisting of an engine mount attached to a wooden base on casters (see attached photos). A starter and generator were attached to the engine.

Please help a fellow EAA'er and keep watch for this engine to appear. Contact me or the Show Low Police (Sgt Kohler) if you happen to see or hear of this engine. Or if anyone is selling C-90 parts.

Thank You,

Don Goebel EAA 21636
928-369-2580
Cell 528-242-7575

you gotta be freakin' kidding me! this is dispicable! it frustrates me that another pilot would do that to another... ughhhh

sorry to hear about your engine...

What were the circumstances? Any physical evidence of breakin?
From Show Low Arizona.

~~~~~

Please alert your chapter members to be on the lookout for my Continental C-90-12 s/n 45856-7-12. Subject engine was taken from my locked hanger at the Show Low Airport. The theft occurred sometime during late July or early August while I was on vacation.

The engine had 0 hours since major overhaul, 969 hours since new from factory and was ready to install in an aircraft. The engine was mounted on a stand consisting of an engine mount attached to a wooden base on casters (see attached photos). A starter and generator were attached to the engine.

Please help a fellow EAA'er and keep watch for this engine to appear. Contact me or the Show Low Police (Sgt Kohler) if you happen to see or hear of this engine. Or if anyone is selling C-90 parts.

Thank You,

Don Goebel EAA 21636
928-369-2580
Cell 528-242-7575

you gotta be freakin' kidding me! this is dispicable! it frustrates me that another pilot would do that to another... ughhhh

sorry to hear about your engine...
A pilot probably didn't actually steal it... but a pilot will buy it.

Engines do have serial numbers.

This just doesn't smell right. Breaking into a hangar in a secured environment to steal something bulky, heavy, and difficult to sell in a small market. Something smells...

Starting with knowledge and access. Or means and motive as they say at the PD.

This just doesn't smell right. Breaking into a hangar in a secured environment to steal something bulky, heavy, and difficult to sell in a small market. Something smells...

Starting with knowledge and access. Or means and motive as they say at the PD.

Anyone smart enough to own or fly an airplane is also smart enough to know how small the list of suspects is likely to be. Had to be someone with both knowledge and access, and that is not a very big pool. Smells.

And they say the perp always returns to the scene of the crime . . . sir, we'd like to talk to you down at the station. *read Miranda*

It could even be someone on this very forum...

Back