ARGH. The suspense is killing me.

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
I need to vent. Feel free to ignore this.

I just bought my first plane, a 1968 Mooney M20C, and it's currently 3 states away. I was supposed to be flying out to get it with my CFI tomorrow but in the last 2 days the forecast has gone from clear the whole way to IFR with turbulence and icing. The local weather actually says "ice pellets". :nonod: Needless to say we made the decision to postpone. I've been working on this deal for well over a month now and I just want my plane!

Meanwhile here at home it was warm enough today that I went for a short motorcycle ride in a T-shirt. :yesnod:

Been there. Have patience.

As long as we're fair-weather pilots, we have to wait on the weather. Just look forward to the summer and all the good flying you will get.

I feel your pain.
Going through something similar right now. Not delayed by weather but paperwork.

"3 states away"? I might be driving out there and rubbing it with a towel and singing to it or something.

Congrats on your plane by the way!

Damn that sucks!!!

Weather can change quickly, hopefully it clears up soon for ya.

-Brian

I feel your pain.
Going through something similar right now. Not delayed by weather but paperwork.

"3 states away"? I might be driving out there and rubbing it with a towel and singing to it or something.

Well I'm not talking about those little states on the east coast. It's 1000nm for those 3 states out here :yesnod: You're in Texas though, you know what I'm talkin about.

I know it'll get worked out, and realistically it'll probably just be another week or so. The anticipation is driving me nuts though. Hope yours gets cleared up quickly as well.

"Hush little Mooney, don't say a word. Daddy just bought him a real fast bird. And if that real fast bird don't fly, daddy's gonna run & scream and cry..."

:yikes:

Yes, congrats on an awesome plane. Send us pics of you making out with her when she gets home.

Last edited:
Time to spare go by air,good weather will return.

If you are going to get weathered in being at your home airport is never a bad thing!;)

I can empathize. When I bought my plane, it was in Minnesota and I was in Texas. It was going to be delivered via ferry permit that only allowed VFR flight, but the ferry pilot was only free on weekends. I can't tell you how many beautiful Tuesday, Weds, and Thursdays there were, with icy, low overcast weekends that winter. It was 6-8 weeks after we closed the deal before it finally arrived at my home field.

Hang in there!

I'm going through a similar thing waiting for a mx item to be resolved that came up in a pre-buy inspection. Good that it was found and the seller is super cooperative with the issue but it all takes time.

Good luck with your Mooney! They are fun to fly, fast and economical but then you know that as you are buying one. :)

Well wish me luck! I leave for Texas tomorrow afternoon and we're gonna start the journey home on thursday. Looks like the weather might just cooperate for us this time!

Well wish me luck! I leave for Texas tomorrow afternoon and we're gonna start the journey home on thursday. Looks like the weather might just cooperate for us this time!

Have fun storming the castle!

shoulda bought something certified for flight into icing. As long as you're paying for that might as well get something pressurized. As long as you're paying for that might as well get something that will get over the weather.

Here ya go

Just under 2.2 mil so it's a real bargain. You're welcome.

shoulda bought something certified for flight into icing. As long as you're paying for that might as well get something pressurized. As long as you're paying for that might as well get something that will get over the weather.

Here ya go

That is pretty.
How do I make that kind of dough?

Here ya go

exactly! OP should sell his mooney and with the money, he'd have enough to buy fuel for 1 flight. :lol:

That is pretty.
How do I make that kind of dough?

Become a CEO, run your company into the ground doing things of questionable legality. And then right before bankruptcy sell all your shares, get fired by the board and receive your golden parachute worth millions of dollars.

There ya' go.

Become a CEO, run your company into the ground doing things of questionable legality. And then right before bankruptcy sell all your shares, get fired by the board and receive your golden parachute worth millions of dollars.

There ya' go.

I've seen that work a few times. Let me know if you get stuck...

Well, it looks like a catfish but I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Start with around $10,000,000

Ok, I will see if I can wrap that up by the weekend.

Back