Are they reputable?

Someone is going to bash GoDaddy in here eventually---but I will say this:

I've never had a problem with them.
Every time I've talked with them on the phone they speak perfect english
They are a *stable* company that isn't going anywhere. Too many of these new registrars disappear or are bought out. This can be a mess if you have a domain with them. In today's economy--one should always consider who is going to be around next year.

I've read all, including Jesse's 9:38 PM post, and I've been with GoDaddy.com since 2004, though I'm just getting around to using it since I finally got around to building the website.
But it's good until 2011. I'm glad that I had sewn it up for longevity because in 2005 someone called me and wanted to buy the domain. Look at http://www.distinctiveview.com. (Note the singular distinctive)

When that large and old organization decided it was time to get a domain their choice was obvious. However, it was already taken.

HR (Oh; customer service has been very helpful at GoDaddy)

I've done quite well with DomainDiscover....

I have been using Dynadot for several years and have been pleased with their service. I previously used Google but like the easier to use Dynadot web interface. Dynadot has "specials" sometimes.

http://www.dynadot.com/

Someone is going to bash GoDaddy in here eventually---but I will say this:

I've never had a problem with them.
Every time I've talked with them on the phone they speak perfect english
They are a *stable* company that isn't going anywhere. Too many of these new registrars disappear or are bought out. This can be a mess if you have a domain with them. In today's economy--one should always consider who is going to be around next year.
We use GoDaddy too. Never a problem.

I used to use IYD.com and was happy with them, but ever since they were sold out to Tucows, simple things like registering a nameserver have become nightmares. They're presently operated as "Hover," which appears to be owned by OpenSRS. The Hover control panel has very little functionality, so routine changes require tickets, which were taking five days or more to be addressed the last time I submitted one.

Another thing that irked me was that I had been a reseller for IYD. Before they were sold, things like password resets for customers who forgot their passwords were easy. Once Hover took over, I lost the functionality to resolve problems like that; but Tucows, OpenSRS, and Hover continued to tell clients that they had to contact me to resolve these issues, despite admitting to me that I had no way of doing so other than submitting a ticket.

So I decided it was time for a change. I'd heard of GoDaddy, of course (as well as most of the other big names in the game), but I decided on GoDaddy based on Jesse's experience and recommendation.

One thing that impressed me about GoDaddy was when I got a personal phone call from a real, live person the day after I moved the first five or ten domains over, welcoming me to the company and asking if I had any questions. That was a nice touch.

-Rich

Back