For Sale: Aircraft Are there any clubs in central NJ looking for members?

Trogdor

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Trogdor
It seems like every single club I have approached is at capacity. At least the ones I know of.

Anyone have any leads? Looking mainly to fly a 172/177/182 substance to complete my IFR and a few weekend trips (day maybe two max).

It seems like every single club I have approached is at capacity. At least the ones I know of.

Anyone have any leads? Looking mainly to fly a 172/177/182 substance to complete my IFR and a few weekend trips (day maybe two max).

My club, Morris Aero Club at Morristown, is currently accepting members. http://www.morrisaeroclub.org/aircraft.htm

Our 180 hp C172M had a significant panel upgrade last year to improve its' IFR capabilities, and the seats are being reupholstered this week. It's a nice plane.

Multi-day reservations with no daily minimums are allowed, with some restrictions on how often they can be scheduled. I believe two of our club instructors are CFIIs

Let me know if you have any questions.

I checked out the rules for Morris Aero and it seems like you cannot rent for more than 4 hours on a weekend and cannot take for multi-day on a weekend. Kind of restrictive to me, but I own and am looking for info for my students.

Trogdor, if you're thinking about starting a club, I might have some students interested in joining a club or partnership at 47N.

I checked out the rules for Morris Aero and it seems like you cannot rent for more than 4 hours on a weekend and cannot take for multi-day on a weekend. Kind of restrictive to me, but I own and am looking for info for my students.

It's not that restrictive. The operating rules downloadable from the website are out of date--from 2015, when we had two aircraft--and we are in the process of updating them, but members can reserve for a full day on weekends, or even for both days of a weekend. There are restrictions on how often they can do that, currently only one full weekend day per month, and one full weekend every 90 days. Reservations have few restrictions on weekdays. Looking at our aircraftclubs.com scheduling site, I'm seeing three-day reservations (overlapping zero, one, or two weekend days) about once every other month.

We have a read-only guest account for the scheduling website, should any prospective members want to look at actual scheduling frequency. I can't recall the password, but I would be happy to get it and provide to any prospective member who wants to take a look.

Based on the 2015 bylaws it seems that the members purchase fee is only refunded 100% after 4 or 5 years, and before that resigning member gets lower percentage. Is that still the same or was also revised?
Do you know if the club is considering adding an additional aircraft at any time in the near future?

Based on the 2015 bylaws it seems that the members purchase fee is only refunded 100% after 4 or 5 years, and before that resigning member gets lower percentage. Is that still the same or was also revised?
Do you know if the club is considering adding an additional aircraft at any time in the near future?
That sounds about right. I don’t know if it is being revised. I think there is a provision to cash out fully if you bring in a new member before you leave the club.

We would need to increase membership before we could justify going back to being a two-plane club, though I’d very much like to see that happen. I could put you in touch with the membership chair if you’d like more details.

Back