April West-Central Fly-In - Dates

Weekend

• Total voters

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
From a preliminary survey, it seems like the last weekend in April doesn't work for a lot of folks for the Colorado fly-in. The weather in Colorado in April is variable, but we should have a decent shot at good weather.

Let's see what weekend would be best!

I picked April 3-5, mainly because with Wings in mid-May and Gaston's in mid June, I'd like to space the gatherings out a bit. That way I get my mini-vacations every couple of months. As Tony pointed out, trying to plan a fly-in around weather is pretty well pointless, as no matter what the season there will be weather challenges to face, and certain people won't be able to make it because of these weather challenges.

Also, April 10-12 is Easter weekend which would be a definite out for me, as I'll need to be home for that. I'd suspect the same is true for a few others. If it's 17-19, though, I will probably still make it.

I picked 17-19 because I already have 17-18 off and I can probably trade for 19. Either that or I can just come for the first two days. Also, for the people who are flying in, the end of April is usually more weather-friendly than the beginning of the month. Remember this is Colorado. March is statistically the snowiest month on the Front Range although when it snows, it melts right away and you can get some beautiful days.

Somehow, I think that I'm going to lose this one. ;)

ok, now i'm confused.

what is the location for the west-central fly in and what is the date for the mid-west fly in

i'd like to make both of them but without complete info i just can't make a commitment

who came up with these fly-ins, anyway....and why????

Steve, they are one and the same. Felix confused everyone in the first place by stating "Mid-West" in the first poll. He has now confused more people by correcting himself with another location name (that I believe still is of questionable correctness).

As to who/why: It was a group effort (but mostly Felix) while talking in chat one night, and thinking about how we'd all like to get to see eachother again sooner than Wings/Gaston's, and how we'd also like to have a fly-in that's easier to get to for the folks on the western half of the country.

ok, now i'm confused.

what is the location for the west-central fly in and what is the date for the mid-west fly in

i'd like to make both of them but without complete info i just can't make a commitment

who came up with these fly-ins, anyway....and why????
Sorry for the confusion. After being yelled at by some for calling it a "mid-west" fly-in, I decided it would be wise to slightly alter the name. We're talking about one and the same fly-in.

Felix

lol you guys, he's yanking your chain...

Back