Applications Not Displaying - Windows XP Home SP2

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
This is truly bizzare. On my dad's computer, all applications work fine EXCEPT for trillian and firefox. Everything worked fine last night, but when I powered on the computer this morning and launched those apps, they don't display on the screen but are in the processes list in windows task manager. Problem is, you can hit "end process" as much as you want, but they aren't ended and remain in the list. Even when you hit alt-tab to go back and forth between programs, it doesn't even recognize they're running.

Any ideas what may have happened/how to fix? Let me know if I did not provide enough detail and I can expand. Computers are so frustrating when they all of a sudden stop loading the apps only YOU use, sigh.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
Looks like it's working for now, this computer must be really messed up. My dad uses AOL and with all of the AOL "friendly features" (aka stupid safety software that probably make sit more vulnerable to attacks) on here I think it was blocking certain apps even though I told it to allow them. I really need to switch him to gmail.

Back