AppleCare Customer Support

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
After getting off the phone with AppleCare about my Macbook Pro (USB issues), I am extremely pleased, and for the small amount for 3 years of support, I'd probably pay it again if all of my calls would be like that.

Less than 2 minutes wait time, spoke to a native English speaker who listened to all of the information I could give, and who offered solutions that didn't include "Send it to us". Furthermore, it was obvious that this individual knew his stuff, and he was willing to speak on my level, rather than 3 levels below my competency.

We tried a few things and now I'm just waiting to see if that fixed my issue. If not, I'll just call them back. Definite thumbs up to AppleCare support. :yes:

You spoke with an English-speaking American not using cue cards???? How is this possible?

I went with the advice to pay for AppleCare on any laptop.

When my Macbook Pro (Sony?) battery started giving ~1 hour of life, I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Michigan Avenue Apple Store. I got to see my name on board!

The Genius called me up when the 1 or 2 in front didn't seem to be there. She immediately saw in the system setup that the battery was bad.

I got a brand new battery.

Do you recommend getting the appecare support? I have had mine a year, and the one year that came with it is about to expire. I just got a notice in the mail and am trying to decide if I want to extend the coverage. I have a intel macbook refurb.

Do you recommend getting the appecare support? I have had mine a year, and the one year that came with it is about to expire. I just got a notice in the mail and am trying to decide if I want to extend the coverage. I have a intel macbook refurb.

Absolutely get Applecare on a laptop. Not on a desktop. That's the advice in "Take Control of Buying a Mac."

You might check out Small Dog. They occasionally have Applecare for 10% off. Dunno how.

In any case sign up before your one year warranty is up.

On a laptop, absolutely!

I got my Applecare from LA Computer company. They're usually running good deals on it. Ebay also seems to be a popular choice.

-Rich

Mike,

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Due to the limited space in a portable computer, any repairs can far exceed the cost of AppleCare. If you never need than great, but if you do......

Ron

Do you recommend getting the appecare support?

Absolutely get Applecare on a laptop.

I highly recommend Applecare!

On a laptop, absolutely!

any repairs can far exceed the cost of AppleCare.

In case ya haven't gotten the picture...

Yes, always get AppleCare.

For the less enlightened, AppleCare is the same people you talk to for things under warranty. They're real people, Americans no less, who know what they're talking about and there are enough of them that you don't have to wait on hold forever (in fact, it's usually short to nonexistent hold times). Next time you're on the phone with New Dell-i, remember that. :D

So...are that many problems that you must pay for support? ;P

None yet...I have been told that since they are small and compact and not has heavy duty as dell exteriors are, it is easier to jar something loose inside if you bump them.

Jeff

I am pretty hard on laptops. They travel with me on motorcycle trips, in airplanes, etc. I walk around while typing on them and crash into doors. Sometimes I use them as a golf tee.

Needless to say, after two years of the above treatment, my Macbook Pro was pretty much destroyed. The keyboard and chassis were falling apart with extremely obvious signs of abuse, the wireless card died, the hard drive died, lcd was busting for the 2nd time... We called Applecare, they sent us a box, we shipped it to them, they shipped it back. All of the shipping was next-day-air on their wallet.

During my time with GeekSquad I worked with the service departments of pretty much every laptop (Dell, HP, Compaq, etc), and all of them would have never repaired it. (unless you had an abuse warranty).

Apple sent it back and it pretty much looks brand new, no questions asked.

:thumbsup: Apple

Back