APIS for Mexico

rwellner98

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rw2
Tomorrow, 12/31/13, the rules change flying to Mexico and you need to file an APIS with the Mexican government similar to the eAPIS one you must file with the US government. Be aware, the fine is also the same as the US, $5,000 for non-compliance.

Last edited:
Does the US one not work? You have to file one on both sides going both ways?

Sorry, when a process makes absolutely no sense, I need to be fed every detail of it since nothing can be inferred.

Does the US one not work? You have to file one on both sides going both ways?

Sorry, when a process makes absolutely no sense, I need to be fed every detail of it since nothing can be inferred.

Correct, the US one is no longer sufficient. Now we get to file everything twice! :rolleyes2:

And the Mexican system is brand spanking new, has no public interface, just two corporate portals. One is arinc (who developed the system for the Mexican government) and looks extremely spendy (I couldn't actually get a price (red flag 1) and their brochure is focused on jet fleet managers (red flag 2)).

The other, as of today, is a company I love and has taken care of me in the past: http://shop.caribbeanskytours.com/c...C9A0E615C0219A18.m1plqscsfapp05?categoryId=32

According to Baja Bush Pilots website and Caribbean Sky Tours, this whole thing is still up in the air, isn't it? Last thing I heard was that it was NOT being turned on yet. The thing is half-baked and most airports haven't been setup. And, if/when it gets running, won't it be used only for commercial & charter operations? (at least initially).
As per CST
And the email from BBP a couple of days ago:
"Yesterday, after receiving NBAA's alert regarding implementation of Mexico's API, we again talked to our contacts in Mexico as well as to the Manager of Aviation Security at AOPA and state again that Mexico will not be enforcing the new eAPIS program at this time

However, we believe that this ruling will go into effect for Charters and Commerical operators who will have to get their eAPIS through their handlers.

We are using all the influence we have to encourage Mexico not to implement eAPIS for the private pilots. As we all know, connections are everything in business. If you have connections with anyone in Mexico who might be able to help, please step up to the plate and ask them to help us on this one...."

According to Baja Bush Pilots website and Caribbean Sky Tours, this whole thing is still up in the air, isn't it? Last thing I heard was that it was NOT being turned on yet. The thing is half-baked and most airports haven't been setup. And, if/when it gets running, won't it be used only for commercial & charter operations? (at least initially).
As per CST
And the email from BBP a couple of days ago:
"Yesterday, after receiving NBAA's alert regarding implementation of Mexico's API, we again talked to our contacts in Mexico as well as to the Manager of Aviation Security at AOPA and state again that Mexico will not be enforcing the new eAPIS program at this time

However, we believe that this ruling will go into effect for Charters and Commerical operators who will have to get their eAPIS through their handlers.

We are using all the influence we have to encourage Mexico not to implement eAPIS for the private pilots. As we all know, connections are everything in business. If you have connections with anyone in Mexico who might be able to help, please step up to the plate and ask them to help us on this one...."

Just checked CST's site and now shows ALL private and commercial flights must file as of 12/31/13. CST is charging $25 for members, $35 nonmembers per flight.

According to Baja Bush Pilots website and Caribbean Sky Tours, this whole thing is still up in the air, isn't it?

If by "up in the air" you mean that solid information is scarce and trickling out, then yes. If you mean that the project isn't going forward, then be careful. CST is the organization I use and their current advice is to call them before flights for the absolute latest information since things are changing nearly daily in terms of understanding what's going on. Given that Mexico seems to be following the same, ridiculous, $5,000 fine structure as the US, I'm very likely to just pay the $25 as insurance for the time being until things sort out.

If this thing goes through as designed, it will kill private flight into Mexico. 'just sayin'

If this thing goes through as designed, it will kill private flight into Mexico. 'just sayin'

Just like for me flying into the US, only flown in once since implementation of eAPIS.

I can stomach filing before entering the US, but not for leaving.Too much trouble for too little return.

But that's just me.

... and, now, the Multi-entry permit just doubled ?!?!?

Back