AOPA Training mags

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Can all (or most) of the articles be found online, even old ones? How is the search function?

I am asking because I have 5-6 years of these mags all neatly archived but frankly would rather use the space for books and get rid of them. I will drop them off locally, either at a flight school or give them to my 99s to give to kids.

Granted, I don't belong to AOPA anymore but I will eventually rejoin...

You mean Flight Training magazine? (Unless they changed the name recently).

I just threw about 50 pounds worth away (well, into the recycle bin). Due to the magazine's target audience I realized they basically recycle similar articles over and over, so decided they weren't worth keeping. I figure a combination of internet sources and books are a more "efficient" source of information compared to mass quantities of dead trees with advertising all over them.

You mean Flight Training magazine? (Unless they changed the name recently).

I just threw about 50 pounds worth away (well, into the recycle bin). Due to the magazine's target audience I realized they basically recycle similar articles over and over, so decided they weren't worth keeping. I figure a combination of internet sources and books are a more "efficient" source of information compared to mass quantities of dead trees with advertising all over them.

Yes... those were my thoughts too. At some point you realize you just aren't going to wade through all those mags. Even if they have good articles.

They have just recently started to digitize the magazine, it's not very searchable and is an option in your member profile settings to receive the paper ones or the electronic ones or you can pay a few bucks extra and get both. I dropped my membership in August but there were only 3 or so issues in there at that time.

Back