AOPA Pilot. AOPA Pilot.

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Just got the new AOPA Pilot magazine, an always-anticipated event.

In the "Pilot Briefing" section, there's an article entitled, "Want an amphib company?" about the availability for sale of the assets (including Type Cert) of Lake Aircraft... interesting article.

One the facing page, there's an article entitled, "Want an amphib company?" about the availability for sale of the assets (including Type Cert) of Lake Aircraft... interesting article.

Yep, same article... word for word.

---

If it had been April, I might have expected something like this.

Oppsies....

Luuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccyyyyyyyyy...

:)

You must get the special edition they send only to lawyers, most of whom are either easily distracted, senile or both.:rofl: They figure anything of interest must be repeated at least once, so you'll have something to read after the continuance. :D

In the "Pilot Briefing" section, there's an article entitled, "Want an amphib company?" about the availability for sale of the assets (including Type Cert) of Lake Aircraft... interesting article.

One the facing page, there's an article entitled, "Want an amphib company?" about the availability for sale of the assets (including Type Cert) of Lake Aircraft... interesting article.

---

If it had been April, I might have expected something like this.

Haha. Shazzang.

What on earth would you do with the Lake assets? I flew a Buccaneer and it was the goofiest thing I've ever flown to date. Fool thing had the gliding manners of oprah playing a baby grand. :eek:

Haha. Shazzang.

What on earth would you do with the Lake assets? I flew a Buccaneer and it was the goofiest thing I've ever flown to date. Fool thing had the gliding manners of oprah playing a baby grand. :eek:

I guy I know has some how managed to fly his Lake amphib back & forth to Alaska 14 times from Seattle and cross continent a few times as well. I wonder how he manages the goofy fool thing?

The concept of flying one of those cross-country boggles my mind.

Different strokes for different folks. :D

"This article approved by the Department of Redundancy Department."

I noticed this too. I have also noticed more errors in other magazines and in the local newspaper. I suspect many of these organizations have cut back on staff in the last 6-12 months, and now, quality is suffering.

Just ignore it, Spike - it's normal!
:D
Just ignore it, Spike - it's normal!
:D

They meant to do it, it's an advertising technique, like on TV when they run the same ad after itself, more exposure that way.

They meant to do it, it's an advertising technique, like on TV when they run the same ad after itself, more exposure that way.
Like the "Head On" commercials?

I've flown the LA-4-200, a rather nice handling amphib, on the lakes and paved/grass runways in Maine. I remember interviewing Mr Rivard when I was in college for a business research paper. He's kept the business a long time and done well with it.

Every airplane, no matter how weird, had it's "niche" when it was built.

I love Lakes. I'd buy the company if I thought it had legs, but alas, it's something of a dinosaur.

As for the redundancy, I think I know exactly what happened, but I'll keep it to myself.

I love Lakes. I'd buy the company if I thought it had legs, but alas, it's something of a dinosaur.

As for the redundancy, I think I know exactly what happened, but I'll keep it to myself.
Come on... spill it! :)

The author gets paid by the word!
Printer had an extra page!
Something to do with treadmills?

Back