AOPA Open House / Fly In 2009

Discussion in 'AOPA Open House' started by OtisAir, May 27, 2009.

1. OtisAir

OtisAir Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    OtisAir
    Anyone Going? The Reading WWII weekend is during this same time so I'm not sure we'll make it to KFDK this time or not.

(Pulled from "Fly-Ins" dot com)

Event Name:AOPA Fly-In and Open House
    Event Location:Fredrick, MD (KFDK)
    Event Date:June 6, 2009
    Contact Name:Event Director
    Contact Phone:301-695-2000

2. gprellwitz

gprellwitz Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Grant Prellwitz
    I thought they canceled it this year in favor of a number of smaller events around the country!

3. CT Arrow

CT Arrow Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Adios!
    Unless things have changed....

By AOPA ePublishing staff

Just as pilots everywhere are beginning to plan their fly-out destinations for 2009, so is AOPA. This year the association will trade its annual one-day fly-in for a whole year of fly-outs—opportunities to bring AOPA and its staff to pilots and prospective pilots nationwide.
    In keeping with AOPA’s “Let’s Go Flying” campaign to make general aviation widely accessible, the association will bring the excitement of GA flying to new venues throughout the year. AOPA has long had a strong presence at such major aviation events as Sun ‘n Fun in Lakeland, Fla., and EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis. But this year, you can also expect to see AOPA at new-for-us events like the Dayton Air Show and the Reno Air Races. You can even look for us at non-aviation events, like boat shows, motorcycle events, and more.

Although AOPA will not hold its fly-in this year, that doesn’t mean members shouldn’t plan a visit. Come to AOPA headquarters on any business day and see your association at work. Our offices, located right on Frederick Municipal Airport in Frederick, Md., make the perfect fly-out destination for 2009. Driving directions are available on AOPA Online.

4. SkyHog

SkyHog Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Everything Offends Me
    Wow, the girl in the "Already in Training" picture is freaking gorgeous....we need more female pilots like that.

5. OtisAir

OtisAir Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    OtisAir
    Interesting about cancelling the event since I just got the info from "Fly-Ins" very recently. Appears someone else (besides me) missed the news too. YAY

I'm going to Reading WWII weekend now for sure! :D

6. Nav8tor

Nav8tor Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Nav8tor
    Shane, have you ever flown in to RDG for the WWII show? I'm planning to fly in this year and I'm wondering how congested it gets when the show ends and every one tries to leave at once.

7. OtisAir

OtisAir Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    OtisAir
    I have flown into WWII weekend. There will be notam'd closed times and other than that, it's useable. The departing crowds will definitely be a pain in the brown-eye so we're flying too. I've already got two tickets and we're stopping by to pick up a friend to fly her in with us (her hubby is part of the show so he'll be in uniform and on the ground already).

I'll look up the details and post 'em for the closed times and any procedures they may have posted as well.