AOPA Life Insurance

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
Hello,

I'm fairly new to AOPA and I was curious to find out how much are members really paying for life insurance through AOPA and for what amount? I'm thinking about getting life insurance through AOPA.

Didn't quite understand the 0.210 numbers.

I'm 43, don't smoke and I don't take any medications.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to AOPA and I was curious to find out how much are members really paying for life insurance through AOPA and for what amount? I'm thinking about getting life insurance through AOPA.

Didn't quite understand the 0.210 numbers.

I'm 43, don't smoke and I don't take any medications.

How much do you weigh, how tall are you, do you have an instrument rating, and how many hours do you have?

GROUP TERM LIFE
MONTHLY RATES PER $1,000 BENEFIT.
40-44 0.510 0.210

Looks like you pay 0.210 per $1,000 benefit. If you want $100K then you pay 0.21*100=$21/month.

That looks too low,

I wanted to do at least 500k so the misses can get the house paid off. I already have one for 250k $40/month but I don't think they are going to enjoy my new flying habit.

The tax man will cometh!

Get the insurance before you pass your checkride. You don't have to disclose if you are a student to most places. I have one policy through state farm. Since I got it before I got my certificate, my rates didn't change and they didn't exclude aviation from the policy.

Get the insurance before you pass your checkride. You don't have to disclose if you are a student to most places. I have one policy through state farm. Since I got it before I got my certificate, my rates didn't change and they didn't exclude aviation from the policy.

I have mine through Farmers and I called just to make sure. There exact words were: "Find a new hobby" No! I'm going to find a new Life Insurance Company.

Read the policy and application language carefully. If it asks "Do you hold a pilot certificate," remember that your Class 3 medical is ALSO a student pilot certificate.

My own experience has been hit or miss whether the company in question even asks. My group policies have never asked.

Read the policy and application language carefully. If it asks "Do you hold a pilot certificate," remember that your Class 3 medical is ALSO a student pilot certificate.

My own experience has been hit or miss whether the company in question even asks. My group policies have never asked.

My wife works for them so we know the policy is solid.

Sorry for the thread Hijack.

If I have 500k life insurance through AOPA and I'm killed in a non aviation accident does the insurance pay out?

It comes down to what is listed within the policy agreement.

I got my policy a while back and it specifies: We don't cover "High Risk activity" it doesn't specify what high risk is so I called and they said, Sky Diving, Scuba Diving, (Oops) Bungee jumping..etc but they didn't say small Airplanes. You want to make sure you are covered, last thing you want to do is have your spouse fight a legal battle while you are gone!

I don't want to have two policies. One convers Non aviation accidental death and the other covers aviation accidental deaths.

Neither do I,

That is why I'm looking for one that covers everything but AOPA is too low.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back