AOPA Insurance EXPIRED (oops)

Jim Logajan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Just got an email this morning from AOPA Insurance Services claiming my aircraft renters insurance had expired.

Since I had just renewed in October and had an invoice saying "Paid in Full" I called them to get clarification.

It seems that instead of sending email to just those whose insurance had really expired, their system had pretty much sent emails to everyone in their database - or at least all those whose insurance would recently have expired (or something like that.) My insurance is good for another year and they confirmed that. Other AOPA insurance customers who get a similar email may be interested in knowing what happened.

I checked with the AOPA Insurance Services team, and, yep, a number of erroneous emails went out recently--the result of moving a bunch of data from an old system to a new one months ago. Those affected should have received a follow up email with an explanation. Apologizes from the insurance folks. For your trouble, go ahead and take tomorrow off. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Just got an email this morning from AOPA Insurance Services claiming my aircraft renters insurance had expired.

Since I had just renewed in October and had an invoice saying "Paid in Full" I called them to get clarification.

It seems that instead of sending email to just those whose insurance had really expired, their system had pretty much sent emails to everyone in their database - or at least all those whose insurance would recently have expired (or something like that.) My insurance is good for another year and they confirmed that. Other AOPA insurance customers who get a similar email may be interested in knowing what happened.

Don't feel special, AOPA sends that kind of letter to people who don't even have insurance with AOPA. If it isn't a scam, it sure smells and looks like a scam.

AOPA's new AD&D agency keeps sending me invoices for a policy that "expired". Trouble is that I don't ever recall signing up for AD&D, so I've just ignored them. Started a few months ago.

2014 is an election year. They'll do whatever it takes to get the e-mail bots working properly by the time the PAC needs to send its emergency fundraising pleas.

Back