AOPA flight planner

pilotod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eyeflying
It's slow and it doesn't seem to have sectional maps. Also, I don't see any private airports. Seems like any airport would be good to have available on a map just in case.

Anyone know of a way to get the AOPA flight planner to use a sectional map and show private airports?

Thanks,
Jamie

I have done that. I'm looking for the sectional chart though.
The VFR terrain has pretty much the same info as a sectional, but it won't look like the FAA paper sectional you are used to. I guess its because you can turn layers on and off (VORs, roads, railroads, etc.), and it would be tough to do that with a real sectional.

And there is a checkbox in the settings that allows private airports. It defaults to public use only.

Thanks. I just thought all online services have the same sectional chart. I actually like the way the aopa does flight planning (as far as my virgin eyes can tell). I downloaded Seattle Avionics Voyager and will see how that works too.

I downloaded Seattle Avionics Voyager and will see how that works too.

Really slow and lousy graphics. But, you get what you pay for......

AOPA sent me an email and said they use digital charting data from Jeppesen because the FAA wasn't offering digital sectionals at the time. I didn't find out when the FAA started giving out digital sectionals though.

Since the OP had his questions answered, I hope he won't mind a minor hijack...

Is there a way to set different altitudes along your route on the AOPA planner? They've got the nifty profile view (altitude vs. distance), but that seems like a wasted feature, because I can only figure out how to set a single cruise altitude, and that doesn't result in much of a profile.

Since the OP had his questions answered, I hope he won't mind a minor hijack...

Is there a way to set different altitudes along your route on the AOPA planner? They've got the nifty profile view (altitude vs. distance), but that seems like a wasted feature, because I can only figure out how to set a single cruise altitude, and that doesn't result in much of a profile.
That's a good question. If my flight changes heading from 350* to 005*, my cruise altitude will have to change too. It would be a nice feature.

No problem with the 7500, but I've read in the aopa forums that the altitude cannot be changed for different legs of the flight.

Back