AnyY Whiz-Bang Tablets Show NOTAMS with the Plate?

DJTorrente

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
DJTorrente
Not sure if this is appropriate here or in the Tech Corner. In light of another thread (see below) re: mid-cycle NOTAMS that modify an approach -- Do any of the popular plate-rendering software packages include any indication of current NOTAMS when you display the plate?

I know, tablets are advisory/SA only-type things, all available information, etc. Still, this seems like a very useful and doable feature - whenever my tablet has an internet connection, it combs the NOTMS and collates them with the corresponding approach plate. Pull up the plate, NOTAMs are shown (reverse temporal order, please), or at least have a tab available to show them.

Good idea?

-DJT

Just issued:

!FDC 3/9063 RAP FI/T IAP RAPID CITY RGNL, RAPID CITY, SD. VOR OR TACAN RWY 14, ORIG-E... PLANVIEW NOTE: DME OR RADAR REQUIRED.

What's next? Automatic forks so we don't have to actually feed ourselves?

Got that.
113001.jpg

Need the one so we don't overfeed ourselves.

I agree that sounds like a very useful feature that ought not to be too difficult to implement. You should suggest it to the various app producers.

Got that.
113001.jpg

Need the one so we don't overfeed ourselves.

Got that too, it was shown at CES this year:

Health is a big topic this year. Among the connected gadgets are a spoon and a fork from Hapilabs, of Key Biscayne, Florida, each costing $99, that will surprise you with a buzzing vibration if you raise the implement to your lips too frequently. It's meant to help you cut down on your weight gain by slowing your eating, and also defray adverse gastrointestinal phenomena. The spoon or fork connect via Bluetooth to the Web to record all your eating, and Hapi providers a coaching service to help you meet fitness goals.

Last edited:
Back