Anywhere map WX

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Anyone have this? I have an older PDA version of it, and while I like it, it has some quirks to it. I don't have the money anymore to purchase another type of unit, (I didn't buy this one either), so I need to make the best of it. I like the PDA, although it is a little small for looking at approach plates.

Anyone else using it? Do you think it is worth keeping the subscriptions updated? Or is it better to just use it for a little help in the situational awareness and weather capabilities? I have let the subscriptions lapse long ago, and don't know if I see the need to update them. Is the software upgrades necessary to make it work better? i.e. not shut off 30 minutes into the flight so that I have to reboot the system?

I can get the approach plates for free, but I would not be able to have all of them, in case of diversion. For that, I would still need paper plates. (or resubscribe, not that I wouldn't want paper plates as a backup anyway)

Ted, how is the new tablet PC working? Have you gotten a chance to use it for any length of time? Does it shut the weather down after a while?

I haven't subscribed to the weather on it yet (need to do that this week prior to next weekend's trip), so I don't know about it shutting off every 15 minutes. From the settings it doesn't look like that's the case. The display did shut off after 15 minutes, but that's a Windows setting that I changed. You may have some PDA settings that can change it.

I've been very happy with the unit, but wouldn't want to use it on anything with a smaller screen. I think I've figured out where I want to mount it in the Aztec, and will hopefully do so later this week. Last night I shot the virtual ILS into Williamsport with it, and backed it up with the real ILS. It worked out well. Overall, I'm happy enough with the system, but I got a really good deal on it.

Once I get the WX working on it I'll let you know more.

Back