Anything better than a nice, long, relaxing flight after a stressful day?

jfrye01

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jacob Frye
A little background on me: I'm a full-time college student (stressful enough), and in the evenings, I'm a dishwasher at Stearman Bar and Grill at 1K1 on weeknights from 5-11pm (sometimes later). It's a stressful job, but it pays for 100LL. My hangar is literally 100 feet from the restaurant, so after a particulary stressful night, I've been known to fire up the 172 and go for a night cross country (usually to Tulsa or Kansas City) just to unwind. Of course, I can only do this once every month or so. Anyone else find a nice, relaxing flight can help the stress melt right away?:)

Oh yes.
Leave your problems on the ground.

Oh yeah, sometimes I'll sneak away over lunch for a quick lap around the practice area. I can't wait to finish up my ticket and take flights like you described.

Flying always relieves my stress. Day or night.

A little background on me: I'm a full-time college student (stressful enough), and in the evenings, I'm a dishwasher at Stearman Bar and Grill at 1K1 on weeknights from 5-11pm (sometimes later). It's a stressful job, but it pays for 100LL. My hangar is literally 100 feet from the restaurant, so after a particulary stressful night, I've been known to fire up the 172 and go for a night cross country (usually to Tulsa or Kansas City) just to unwind. Of course, I can only do this once every month or so. Anyone else find a nice, relaxing flight can help the stress melt right away?:)

Yes, go for a flight in the morning, just near sun up. Air cool. Fly around town and watch the working stiffs lineup on the freeways.

I keep wanting to get my brother and head over and checkout 1k1... Hmm bar there as well.. You could end up with a lot of money for 100ll...

Dont let that money distract you. Properly utilized, that degree could lead to your own airplane(s)....

brian];1550505 said:
I keep wanting to get my brother and head over and checkout 1k1... Hmm bar there as well.. You could end up with a lot of money for 100ll...

Dont let that money distract you. Properly utilized, that degree could lead to your own airplane(s)....
C'mon over! We have beer:) Bring along a DD, er, DP :p

I wouldn't personally call flying relaxing. But for some reason when I get in the plane, every fiber of my being seems focused on the single task of a successful flight. Every other hour of the day, my mind goes a mile a minute, constantly wanting to multi-task. But as soon as I get into the plane, I don't think of anything else but aviating.

Maybe it's because I'm a new pilot. But there's certainly an element of bliss to that singular focus. Nothing else matters.

I wouldn't personally call flying relaxing. But for some reason when I get in the plane, every fiber of my being seems focused on the single task of a successful flight. Every other hour of the day, my mind goes a mile a minute, constantly wanting to multi-task. But as soon as I get into the plane, I don't think of anything else but aviating.

Maybe it's because I'm a new pilot. But there's certainly an element of bliss to that singular focus. Nothing else matters.

I understand what you mean...the reason I fly cross countries to relax is simple: there's plenty of time to sit there and think "wow, I'm doing something very few people ever get the chance to do"...there's an element of peace that falls upon a lone man (or woman) and his/her machine...it's nice to sit back, relax, hand on the yoke, and enjoy the scenery...with a quick scan of the instruments every couple of minutes, of course ;)
Blue (or starry) skies!

Back