Anyone with a cheapo Verizon phone? (N/A)

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
(Since Classifieds specifies Aviation products, and the closest I could get with this is saying "I'll call 1-800-WX-BRIEF with your phone," I figured I'd put it here. Move as needed :D )

I'm going to get rid of my Treo since my new position is actually going to have a paid for cell phone, so I need a simple little handset that can do texting and maybe a picture or two (I had an Motorola E815 somewhere around here but can't seem to find it :/ ). I think if I keep my number in May I'll upgrade to a new LG Chocolate (or see what else comes out in a month or two for Verizon's fall lineup), but for now I just want to get out from under this 100$/mo calling+data plan I don't need.

If anyone has anything that might work for me, please feel free to send me a PM with the information. I'd rather buy from you all since I got burned the last time I bought a phone on eBay. Thanks!

Watch out for us greedy, conservative republicans trying to make the bucks and keep the little guy down. :D

Which Treo do you have?

William, I just sold one of my older Verizon phones about a month ago to Dave (deafsound) for postage. I may have another one floating around. I'll check and get back to you.

Yep I got a V60 with a charger. It did turn on and camped onto the local Verizon signal. I am charging it now to see if it the battery is any good.

Interested??

William,

I thought you bought an iPhone.

I liked my old V60 until the antenna broke off.

I don't think VZ will activate those any more. But I may be wrong. IIRC (and I know you'll correct me, Scott) the V60 didn't have a GPS, and VZ won't activate anything without GPS any more.

Watch out for us greedy, conservative republicans trying to make the bucks and keep the little guy down. :D

Which Treo do you have?

Treo 700p, you greedy conservative Republican you :p

William, I just sold one of my older Verizon phones about a month ago to Dave (deafsound) for postage. I may have another one floating around. I'll check and get back to you.

Certainly appreciate it!

Yep I got a V60 with a charger. It did turn on and camped onto the local Verizon signal. I am charging it now to see if it the battery is any good.

Interested??

So long as it'll activate, absotively!

William,

I thought you bought an iPhone.

There were a few issues with the iPhone so I returned it. But that's also one of the options in the Spring after my Verizon contract runs out. :)

The phone I have is a V60i. The i does not have GPS only the V60p and V60s did. I guess Verizon will not allow it on their system any longer then.

Back