Anyone watch "Sole Survivor" tonight?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
That was rough.

CNN films movie about the 14 major crashes that had single survivors.
It was hard to hear about the co pilot from that crash a few years back where they lined up on the short runway.

I can't imagine being in any of their shoes.

Told my wife as we were watching "I feel like I have spent the last year and a half watching plane crash videos. Which I feel for me is good to keep the reality of this adventure in the forefront of my mind but at the same time I am becoming desensitized to it a bit"

Either way, That was interesting to watch. Those people have serious baggage. I hope I never have to carry anything like it.

It was okay. It would have been better if they didn't jump back and forth with the accidents.

I thought it was interesting but it was much different from other aircraft accident shows in that, except for Comair, the cause of the accident was pretty much irrelevant. In fact I'm not even sure the causes were mentioned. It was more about the people.

I thought it was interesting but it was much different from other aircraft accident shows in that, except for Comair, the cause of the accident was pretty much irrelevant. In fact I'm not even sure the causes were mentioned. It was more about the people.

For NW255 the cause was never completely determined. The Takeoff Config should have caught it and generated an alarm. For some still this day unknown reason that portion of the CAWs was not receiving power.

For NW255 the cause was never completely determined. The Takeoff Config should have caught it and generated an alarm. For some still this day unknown reason that portion of the CAWs was not receiving power.

I thought they had pulled the breaker while they were taxiing and then forgot to reset it while at the gate before departing for PHX??

I didn't mean it as a criticism of the show that they did not go into the causes. That's not what it was about. In fact, these people could have been the survivors of anything. I don't usually watch these kinds of shows because I find them vaguely voyeuristic but I was intrigued this time.

Same thing with the DAL 727 at DFW. Takeoff config horn was not working.

Back