Anyone want to buy a jet?

The owner of the plane is the owner of the failed Blue Mountain Avionics. You'll need a new panel, someday, but a Dynon Skyview would be a nice upgrade.

http://www.bluemountainavionics.com/

I owned an RV-9 with a BMA EFIS1. Good system when it worked.

The plane is for real, it will hit VNE by the end of the runway. I made an offer on it a few years ago, he must be needing cash now. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Probably the cheapest (and one of the more interesting) jets you'll see, on Ebay.

I dunno bout cheapest...

It SURE aint goin for 11k..

I bet IF Greg sells its for at least 100k.. and thats still giving it away.

The problem is its a money pit.. At 3 dollars/gallon using DIESEL your fuel cost is $120/hr and you have a major speed limiting VNE of around 210 KIAS.

Great concept but all he ended up doing, besides proving the concept, is making an expensive novelty. You use all your useful load carrying 3 hours of fuel, that is gulped quickly. Shoulda put it on the back end of a Berkut ;)

The plane is for real, it will hit VNE by the end of the runway. I made an offer on it a few years ago, he must be needing cash now. Hmmmmm.

Cool. You buying it? How many seats? Will you draw straws to see which
one of us rides to York with you?

;-)

2 seats, and so what the limitations? Anyone with that kind of money won't care, they'll have the only one of its kind.

Want a real jet?

A nice G-III can be had for $900k if anybody's interested.

nah - I'd pass (if I had the money to consider it in the first place). For that money, you could get a Tango, have close to that in speed (depending on engine) and 2100 mile range, for 1/3 the fuel costs. :rolleyes:

42 GPH fuel burn @ 12,000 MSL???

Yikes. I'm used to fuel burn in the single digits. The lower single digits.

Hmmm... an experimental jet for sale on eBay. I'd say this auction has about a 1% chance of closing with an actual pilot (with cash in hand) as the winning bidder.

Good luck to the seller !

Back