Anyone want a C-421, cheap?

Everybody who owns a plane who has any sense scans the flea market area for bargains on what are common need high dollar parts. I see all sorts of stuff there.

I've seen the most amazing things in that Flea Market. Everything from Supermarine Spitfire instruments, to Boeing 707 yokes. Crazy stuff.

We shop it every year, looking for "art" for the hotel. (Our definition of "art" is quite different than "normal"...) :yesnod:

I've seen the most amazing things in that Flea Market. Everything from Supermarine Spitfire instruments, to Boeing 707 yokes. Crazy stuff.

We shop it every year, looking for "art" for the hotel. (Our definition of "art" is quite different than "normal"...) :yesnod:

Do you need a DC-9 control yoke? I may have one in my office. :D

Since you guys discussed my plans to use this 421 to make unauthorized repairs to my line of 421s, I guess I will pass on this plane now....:rofl:

Do you need a DC-9 control yoke? I may have one in my office. :D

No, thanks!

When we opened our first aviation themed hotel, back in '02, I put the word out that I would take ANY donation of airplane parts, to use as "wall art".

Hoo boy, THAT was a mistake. For the next six months, guys were coming in with spinners, wheels, cowlings -- just about anything that was cluttering up the back of their hangars for the last 20 years. :lol:

Since there's no way to safely display that sort of stuff in a hotel room, most of it ended up in the dumpster, but some of it was pretty darned cool. Vlado Lenoch sent me a box of parts from Moonbeam McSwine, his P-51 Mustang. They were a greasy, rusty mess, so I ran 'em through the parts washer, bead blasted them until they looked new, and mounted them on a big piece of oak, with little brass labels identifying what they are.

That's still one of my favorite pieces of art, and it hangs in our "Mustang Room" today! :yes:

No, thanks!

When we opened our first aviation themed hotel, back in '02, I put the word out that I would take ANY donation of airplane parts, to use as "wall art".

Hoo boy, THAT was a mistake. For the next six months, guys were coming in with spinners, wheels, cowlings -- just about anything that was cluttering up the back of their hangars for the last 20 years. :lol:

I've got a couple original wingtips off a taper wing PA-28 in the hangar, you want'em?

:D

Just checking! I had a customer/friend bring it to me for a couple months ago and I really don't know what to do with it, my wife was not amused! :D

No, thanks!

Since there's no way to safely display that sort of stuff in a hotel room, most of it ended up in the dumpster, but some of it was pretty darned cool. Vlado Lenoch sent me a box of parts from Moonbeam McSwine, his P-51 Mustang. They were a greasy, rusty mess, so I ran 'em through the parts washer, bead blasted them until they looked new, and mounted them on a big piece of oak, with little brass labels identifying what they are.

That's still one of my favorite pieces of art, and it hangs in our "Mustang Room" today! :yes:

Just checking! I had a customer/friend bring it to me for a couple months ago and I really don't know what to do with it, my wife was not amused! :D

I'd take it if you're seriously looking for a new home. :)

The street is plenty wide from the airport to the hotel. And the beach would work too, in a pinch. If this were an Ercoupe, or a C-120, I'd bid on it.

But a 421? With my windstorm insurance requiring certification of virtually everything I build? I don't think there's a rat's ass chance of sneaking THAT one past the bureaucrats. :lol:

Yeah, The private sector has to jump through huge hoops to have fun.. I still think it would be a great idea for airports to convert a ramp mummy into a Wind Tee.. Not that hard, replace the motor with a free turning stub shaft, remount a prop on it so it turns in the wind too.... IMHO...

The City of Port Aransas was the highest bidder, since the 421-owner owed $7800 to them for...something.

Now they will try to auction it again, so if you're interested you will get another shot at it soon.

The City of Port Aransas was the highest bidder, since the 421-owner owed $7800 to them for...something.

Now they will try to auction it again, so if you're interested you will get another shot at it soon.

Link for the auction site the Port is going to use...:dunno:....:)

Back